Sign in to follow this  
NewYorkBoraPL

16 HP Vanguard

I recently ran into a local listing of a hot water pressure washer powered by a Vanguard 16 HP engine. This unit is about 7 years old and has 965 hours on the clock. I don’t have to much experience with these types of units, it weights around 700 lbs. The burner is diesel fired. When it started up, there were sparks (maybe ashes) coming out of the exhaust of the burner, The unit looks in good shape other then that. It comes with a 75 ft hose and an extra 50 ft hose, a wand, and nozzles. The seller used the unit for exhaust cleaning. Just wanted to know if anyone could give me a rough figure of what this rig is worth and how much more life I can expect out of it with 965 hours. He said he changed the oil frequently and kept antifreeze in the unit when it was inactive. Thanks for any advice.

I have heard that the design life for air cooled engines is 2000 hours with normal maintenance. I currently have a vanguard with almost 3000 hours and have had 2 others with 3000 before I got rid of them.

Value depends somewhat on condition of unit and pump. assuming with that engine there is a 5gpm, 3000psi pump of a good name brand, maybe I'd pay $1500.

Doug

It's a 4.8 gpm unit with 3000 PSI. He is asking 1700 for the unit, but the problem is it's mounted in a 1980 ford E350(which is included in the sale), it's a piece of junk that needs work to move. I have the ambition for this unit, but not the truck. He does not want to part it out, I wish it was on a trailer instead. Maybe I should buy it and fix the truck, but I cant imagine this thing making more the 5 miles per gallon.

i just sold a alkota 5305 e 3500 psi 5.6 gpm hot water skid 2800 hrs very well maintaineed.and a 150 ft hose for $2000.00 just my 2 cents worth for a fair market value.it had a vanguard 16 and general ts-2021 pump never had a problem out of the engine.