Sign in to follow this  
RyanH

Safety apparel when cleaning

Question

Anybody have any suggestions on the best clothes or coverings to wear while pressure washing? I have tried water proof rubber boots and gloves, nylon shorts, etc., but I still can't manage to keep from staying wet (mostly a problem with the feet and hands). I don't mind so much getting wet, but my hands are constantly raw from handling the wands and lances with wet hands. I have found that a hat with a brim all the way around does really to keep the water out of my face and shoulders.

Any input appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan H.

Commercial Service Providers

http://www.commercialserviceproviders.com

3 answers to this question

Ryan, try a pqair of neoprene gloves. They will be hot in warm weather but are a god send in the cold damp times of the year. As for feet, I wear Rocky boots with Gore Tex lining. I buy a pair about every 2 years for a cost of around 170.00 but they last and when I pull off my boots at night my feet are dry. I wear commercial grade rain gear from Helly Hanson and they hold up well to dirt overspray and chemicals. I can get around 2 years on a pair of the bibs and still have my first coat which is 6 years old.

Ryan,

Being I'm in Fl. it's not such a big deal but if it's uner 50 I'm freezin. Been here to long.

Muc Boots, the way to go with gators over top to keep water out.

As Mike said neoprene gloves are the way to go. Your hands may still be a bit wet but man after awhile do they stink.

Get ya some sealz waterproof socks, the best.

Also, if you use a longer wand you tend to keep abit drier but the job will dictate what you can and can't use.:cool:

Hi there folks,

Neoprene gloves is what we use also. Galeton is where we order ours, usually place a large order since we outfit our guys with the gloves also. It's also a good idea to get some liners for them too, helps in the winter months keeping your hands a little warmer. But they do keep your hands nice and dry, and it's good to use them when mixing up some of the chemicals we all use. I have to buy mine special, my hands aren't as big as the guys hahaha, but I get mine at Home Depot or Lowes.

Rain coats and rain pants. We use these to try to stay somewhat dry, and as we all know this doesn't always work. I personally found a pair of colombia ski pants, brand new, at a thrift store for about 10 bux. These are what I wear and they keep me nice and dry and warm. They're not bulky or anything.

A good pair of waterproof boots! Gortex is the best that we've found for the waterproofing. Here's a web site that my husband goes to and actually buys a lot of his boots and stuff from: http://www.bargainoutfitters.com/ He shops around and trust me, he finds good deals. They have government surplus too, which we've bought some things from there that our guys absolutely love.

As my husband says, if you keep your head dry and warm, and your feet dry and warm, you'll be good. I find this to be very true!