Sign in to follow this  
kenfitz

Stain Test Patch for prospect

Question

Friends,

I would like to offer a test patch for my customers interested in wood restoration. Yesterday I did a 1'x1' patch using hd80-citralic-WTW it took me about an hour but they could see the quality and really liked the color.

I was curious what is a good technique for showing a test spot. Should I carry samples in a 4oz bottle so I don't have to mix my chems each time. Should I use my pressure washer or just use a brush? Hair Dryer? What is the fastest way to do this?

Thanks for all your help,

Ken

4 answers to this question

Hi Ken,

Keep two small trigger sprayer bottles, Zep makes them, they look like window cleaning bottles (get a HD or Lowe's) for your HD-80 and Citralic. Use the garden hose with your thumb over it to rinse the spot (no need for a machine if you dial in right on the dwell time). Blot the wood dry with a towel. Apply the WTW. Enjoy! :-)

Beth :banana:

Ken,

You may want to consider having numerous Zep or other bottles of NaOH strippers at different strength concentratations. I also carry small quantities of specialized strippers for latex and acrylic stains.

Pictures of finished jobs in various color stains can also be effective.

Larry,

You guessed it. That picture was taken of me a few years ago right before I jumped out of a perfectly good plane. :) What a rush. I personally enjoyed bungee jumping better. It was more of a rush. And the feeling of jumping off a bridge where the rocks are so close was so scary. They both were a great rush.

Ken