Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

I need a contact with Honda

I can't get help resolving a problem I have with my Honda. I suspect the Honda people would want me to have a good machine. This thing is under warranty still. Should you have a point of contact with someone at Honda, I'd appreciate you passing that info on to me.

TIA

What type of Honda and what is the problem? If it is a pressure washer engine, then you need to find a small engine repair place that sells them. If it is not somethign they can warranty on their own, they will contact the regional people and get it taken care of. If it is a Generator, etc. It is a different division of Honda, and the sellers of those pieces have a lot more liberty on what they can do locally. If the small engine guys refuse to repair, for what ever reason, you can insist that Honda look at it. You will probably have to pay shipping, but that will probably be reimbursed if it is a warranty item.

Bill,

I know that the parts house for Honda (NC) is in Greensboro, NC. I had a run around with Northern Tool to get a gas tank for 3 weeks. I found this place about 2-3 miles from them that had it in stock but didnt sell to the public but they will tell you who to call. In my case a small repair center was like 100 yds away and they walked over and picked the part up before I could there.

Good Luck.

NORTH CAROLINA

ENGINE DISTRIBUTION CENTER

www.carolina-edc.com

7206 Cessna Drive

Greensboro, NC 27409

(336) 664-0010

FAX (336) 664-0506

sales@carolina-edc.com

http://www.honda-engines.com/index.htm

This is Hondas web site. You can probably find a dealer map and there is contact information also.

Don't rule out that you have a defective unloader. That can put back pressure on the machine and cause it to run erratic or stall.

I would contact the person that you bought this from.

Good luck

Thank you everyone.

I have GX390.

I've posted on this in the thread 'Honda is tearing me up.' May 13, 2006. Russ, your reply #471 on the value was correct.

The warrantee shop here has replaced two cams. Each time the mechanic told me that a 'flag' on the cam was broken.

The machine has zero hours on the latest cam. I'm doing a bigger job Thursday or Friday. It could fail in five or ten hours.

At any rate I have no confidence in the machine or the shop. The purpose of my query was to be prepared for a new course of action. I don't want to go back to the guy here. I think he'll just keep throwing cams in it until the warrantee runs out then shrug me off.

In reading the Tearing me up thread, I gotta laugh at myself. How you guys struggled to tell me to install a ball-valve. LOL. Bob at PT set me up with one and the pressure hose swivel. Made him work too. I can be pretty viscous.

Russ, what should I do?

TIA

The "flag" he refers to is a centrifugal weight that keeps the compression release engaged when the engine is stopped (It's the hook shaped piece attached to the inside of the cam gear below). I think I have only seen one ever break...I have seen them hung up with debris to the point they couldn't move. Your RPMs aren't too high, are they? The Honda shop should have double checked the RPMs when they installed the new cam. I hope they replaced the tappets, too.

ZK60E0900.gif

It just shouldn't break...