Sign in to follow this  
jnoden

leaf blowers

I need to buy a new leaf blower for blowing off decks and cleaning some gutters. I cant decide if I should go with gas or electric. Electric blowers are lighter, more dependable and cost less but you need to use a lot of extension cord for gutters (which I do not really mind). It seems that 90% of the houses I work on have working outside recepts.

Is it still better to have a gas blower?

Gas is the only way to go. Too much time rolling up cords and fighting them throughout the job. Time is money.

Gas has more power as well.

I've burnt up two two stroke gas blowers this year, and I probably only use them once a week tops. Lowe's quality leaf blowers aren't worth a ****.

Did you actually measure the oil, or did you guess and glug glug it? Not enough oil will burn a unit up real fast.

Great pics. I can't say I have ever seen the spanish moss growing like that here in SC but we don't have many tile roofs. It grows on the big oak in front of the house and I like it but if it started growing on my roof I might get upset.

Here are some of pictures of what hit the ground. It took over 1 hour with 2 people to clear the roof and grounds.

the tree was growing in the gutter...

That is a great gutter trophy!!!! One of the best I've seen. I use stihl backpacks, 420 magnums I'm pretty sure. They make stronger ones, but to me these are more practical, lighter, and reliable.