Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Why give THANKS

Question

What do you have to be thankful for?

Its Wed. Morning at the LeCours house, the day before Thanksgiving. I wake up at 5:15 am to feed my beautiful 3 month old daughter Jessica, as Im changing her diaper I look at her and she has a beautiful smile just looking up at me. THANK YOU. A little later my beautiful wife gets up and ready for work, she gives me a big kiss and says good morning. THANK YOU.

A few minutes later my 3 year old Joshua gets up kind of grumpy and I say to him come here. He comes over and jumps in my arms and rest his head on my shoulder. THANK YOU. My mother comes over from her side and says good morning and grabs baby Jessica to help me out . THANK YOU. Its a rainy day in Myrtle Beach so I have the day off today. THANK YOU. My aunt and uncle came in yesterday from VA and My aunt wakes up and says, jeff your house is so beautiful, your so lucky to have such a beautiful family & house. THANK YOU. My uncle Bud wakes up with their dog Tucker, Tucker & I are old freinds, Tucker coomes jumping up in my lap and wags his tail like crazy. THANK YOU. Uncle Bud he lung cancer and we didnt think they'd be coming for Thankgiving, because of his treatments, but they did and THANK YOU. My Brother Jimmy & his Wife called and they are about 3 hours away and will be here soon. THANK YOU.

I sit here at the computer and just thank God for all I have, just in 1999 I didnt have anything, had been messing up my life for several years and then I asked for help, I asked God, My parents, myself, for help and I got it. THANK YOU. I have so much to be thankful about, great family ( Miss my Dad a lot, but he got to see me happy and doing well and have my son ) great house, great business and everything I ever dreamed about.

We are going to have my family, my wifes family over for a GREAT THANKSGIVING about 16 people and I just wanted to say to everybody here on TGS hope you all have a great THANKSGIVING and remember, you should give thanks everyday.

So all you great people here , ALL of you who allow me to babble, all my fun right wingers who I have great times argueing with, all who help me and everyone else with our many PWing questions, all that are part of this great TGS family, Happy Thanksgiving and THANK YOU

Life is good

Happy Thanksgiving from the LeCours Family :lgsideway

10 answers to this question

God bless you and yours,in the mighty name of our Lord,and Savior,Jesus Christ!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just read a GREAT book on President John Adams.Taught me alot.You might enjoy it,mabey not.

The title is simply "John Adams" by David McCullough.You may have already read it.Check it out,let me know what you think.

Thanks Jeff.

I'll see you here,there,or in the air brother.

Thanks Jeff, for your great threads and everybody on TGS for your help and for a laugh every once in awhile. Most of all Thank God for letting us live another day and for another opportunity to serve him!!

As most of you guys know, I am one of the *right wingers* that Jeff is referring to and in that spirit I would like to post The real story of Thanksgiving as told by Rush everyyear on his radio program and in his book "See, I told you so". It's a great read if you have the time--

well, since I can't figure out how to paste something...I'll just link it here...

Jeff,

Great post. We all have a lot to be thankful for and I wish you and your family the best of holidays. I have a feeling next year in SC is going to be real moldy so we are going to have a great one!

:lgbounces

Keth

Jeff,

Happy Thanksgiving. Your success, family values, hardworking nature and willingness to help others make you a remarkable person. Then add in the fact that you can sit back and be appreciative of what you have is paramount. You take nothing for granted and that speaks volumes.

I am thankful for so much myself. Two beautiful and Heathly daugthers, a wonderful and tolerating wife. The best job in the world surrounded by men that would die for eachother at the drop of dime and so much more. I measure success not in dollars but in smiles. And my life fills me with more smiles than I could ever dream of and for this I am thankful.

Happy thanksgiving Jeff and to everyone else here on the TGS.

Jeff,

Happy Thanksgiving. Your success, family values, hardworking nature and willingness to help others make you a remarkable person. Then add in the fact that you can sit back and be appreciative of what you have is paramount. You take nothing for granted and that speaks volumes.

I am thankful for so much myself. Two beautiful and Heathly daugthers, a wonderful and tolerating wife. The best job in the world surrounded by men that would die for eachother at the drop of dime and so much more. I measure success not in dollars but in smiles. And my life fills me with more smiles than I could ever dream of and for this I am thankful.

Happy thanksgiving Jeff and to everyone else here on the TGS.

Smiles are worth millions Mike !!!!!!! Thanks to you & all the men around you that help us.

Thanks everyone HAPPY THANKGIVING TO ALL, What a great day to remember why we all should be thankful. Im just a lucky man.

To Jeff:

WOW! WHAT A POST, really makes one think. So many times, what we see as big things are actually insignificant, and some of those little things that we nearly overlook may turn out to be the most important of all.

To all:

If we have our health and a close family, like I have, there is plenty to be thankful for. Anything else just makes it better.

For those of us who own/operate our own businesses, we have the opportunity (equal to anyone else) to make it whatever we want it to be for the time and effort we are willing to put into it. Very little that is really worthwhile seems to come easy, at least to me...

For me, this is a very special time of year culminating in a celebration of the Anniversary of what I believe to be the most significant event in the history of mankind. Let's not forget what Christmas is REALLY all about!

Gift giving is nice for those who can do it, and not all can. Nothing would mean more to someone than our spending some of our precious time with them. Time is something we all have, and it is one of the most precious gifts of all that we can give to someone else.

Take a minute to think about those we might not be near next year as situations change and people move on, or those who might not even be here next year because of their age or health, or ours.

We can give them a material gift that they will soon forget, but what about spending some of our priceless time with them, doing something together with them that they like to do, maybe buy something together that will make them (or you) think of that time together in years to come.

The reason I say this is that during the Holiday Season of 1986 I decided to begin doing this. I spent a lot of time with my Dad, and he passed in July 1987, but in 1986 I never knew I would never have another Holiday Season with him. I still remember the time we had together, and still have the photographs taken of him then. Gifts given by either of us to the other would have been long gone and forgotten, but I will always remember spending that time with him...

Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and even if it is not politically correct to say so, let me be one of the first to also wish all of you a -

Merry Christmas !!!

To Jeff:

WOW! WHAT A POST, really makes one think. So many times, what we see as big things are actually insignificant, and some of those little things that we nearly overlook may turn out to be the most important of all.

To all:

If we have our health and a close family, like I have, there is plenty to be thankful for. Anything else just makes it better.

For those of us who own/operate our own businesses, we have the opportunity (equal to anyone else) to make it whatever we want it to be for the time and effort we are willing to put into it. Very little that is really worthwhile seems to come easy, at least to me...

For me, this is a very special time of year culminating in a celebration of the Anniversary of what I believe to be the most significant event in the history of mankind. Let's not forget what Christmas is REALLY all about!

Gift giving is nice for those who can do it, and not all can. Nothing would mean more to someone than our spending some of our precious time with them. Time is something we all have, and it is one of the most precious gifts of all that we can give to someone else.

Take a minute to think about those we might not be near next year as situations change and people move on, or those who might not even be here next year because of their age or health, or ours.

We can give them a material gift that they will soon forget, but what about spending some of our priceless time with them, doing something together with them that they like to do, maybe buy something together that will make them (or you) think of that time together in years to come.

The reason I say this is that during the Holiday Season of 1986 I decided to begin doing this. I spent a lot of time with my Dad, and he passed in July 1987, but in 1986 I never knew I would never have another Holiday Season with him. I still remember the time we had together, and still have the photographs taken of him then. Gifts given by either of us to the other would have been long gone and forgotten, but I will always remember spending that time with him...

Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, and even if it is not politically correct to say so, let me be one of the first to also wish all of you a -

Merry Christmas !!!

Time is a great thing, especially when you use your time to be with family, freinds and others that just need you or enjoy your company. Happy Thanksgiving Patrick & all

Jeff