Sign in to follow this  
PRESSURE PACKED

Fleet Wash: A Good Foundation

For All Those Part Timers,, Who Have Not Yet Taken That Leap, Imho I Can Tell You From First Hand Experience That It Is A Good Idea To Start With A Couple Accounts Of Fleet Washing,,and Build Off That. It Is Not The Greatest Money However It Can Be Lucrative..

I will have to agree with that. There are some things to be aware of, though, if you are going to get into fleetwashing.

1. every driver is a critic

2. It is easy to criticize how a vehicle is washed, and there are a lot of variables than cause problems.

3. There is always someone to take your place.

4. Weekends suck. There are ways around working every weekend, but it takes time and experience to get those accounts.

Advantages:

1. regular work. You will know what you are doing from week to week.

2. Once you get good at satisfying a fleet, you will find it easier to satisfy everybody.

3. It is easier to get accounts that make $400 or $500 every week vs flatwork where you might need to get 20 accounts to make up that kind of money.

Fleets are a little different, contacts and cold calls work the best in my area. Talk to the drivers when you see them, they can give you a pretty good heads up and a name of the person you need to talk to. It is difficult to get in the door on some of the larger jobs but the small to med size are not too bad. Once you get them all you really need to do is a good job, consistantly, and you will have a hard time loosing them.