Sign in to follow this  
misskriss

Wood Cleaning

Question

Ok my questions are ...when cleaning wood decks and fences should you use hot or cold water? Low pressure or high? And is there any one chemical that stands out above the rest? Any help you guys can give me would be wonderful! Thanks!

14 answers to this question

Chuck she is asking an open question for her hubby and father in law who are just starting out, brand new NEWBIE's.

She does the books, calls, scheduling, ordering etc.

Any information for her helps all of them.

Jon

Cold water. Low pressure as Chuck said, you achieve this by using a larger tip, not adjusting your unloader. Beth may have a nozzle chart somewhere, if not, I will post where you can get one tomorrow. As for products, I have heard good things about a few and only use one. It is manufactured by another web sites owner so I won't push it here. I have heard a lot of good things about HD-80 and EFC-38 (I do make my own version of this). I am planning on trying the HD-80 this year.

Kristina so you have not work up yet complelely, little baby keep you up most the night? :)

And yes guys, she does ask questions so she in turn can teach the man in her life.

She learns, she burns and she will work the guys till they sweat greenbacks to put in her purse!

Jon

Hey someone has to be the brains around here!!!! (between my hubby and Dad and I) And If some cash happens to fall in my pocket, well then my time was well spent!!! :D The men in my family need guidance from a woman anyhow.

Ok I'm gonna get myself in trouble so I'll be quiet now.

Kristina

With me that is not possible gal, I know you to well:D

Just make sure that they start slow, better to take their time then rush through a job to see how fast they can do it. Speed comes with experience.

Jon

Just a word about the hd80, I used another brand several years back and won't use anything but hd80 now. It works, flat out works and just about on anything. Can be diluted easily, though the best way is mix full strength and dilute down from there.

Just like any Na hydroxide base, use caution around your skin, and stay away from the fumes. But as professional PW's we all know this, right?

Seriously, Hd80 is a great product and so is the efc38. Efc38 is probably the most versitile cleaner, concrete, roofs, etc.

Reed

Beth the Administrator right here sells it on her website www.seedirtrun.com

As for who manufactures it I'm sure she knows. HD80 is a great stripper. I've used it myself a couple of times last year and hope to make alot more $$$$ using it this year.

Beth would have my head if I didn't chime in!

Extreme Solutions, Inc. manufactures HD-80, EFC-38 and other specialized restoration products. The popularity of these products stem from years of research and an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction.

Extreme Solutions, Inc. was built on the basic philosophy of synergy. Aware that our success is directly proportionate to the success of our customers we put contractor support at the very top of our priorities. Our number one goal is to assist you as a contractor in reaching your full potential. Our network of experienced professionals will provide not only first rate product support but also information that will help you in making those crucial business decisions that will allow you separate yourself from your competition and DOMINATE YOUR MARKET!

With the restoration season upon us, we look forward to helping you reach your goals for this year as well as the future!

Best of Luck

Russell Cissell

Creative Director

Extreme Solutions, Inc.

636-899-1769