Sign in to follow this  
bigchaz

Anyone know taxes?

Getting ready for business to start next spring, and doing tons of tax research. What I cant quite figure out is deductions.

Im curious about deducting start up costs. For instance, Ive already purchased insurance and training information and in the next month possibly some equipment

Can that be deducted on next years taxes? Is there a specific form to use for that?

Appreciating that there are very smart people on these bb's,my true response would be to check with your accountant.My accountant doesn't cost me a dime.In fact he makes me money.My plumber does plumbing,my electrician does electrical,I do the pressure cleaning and my accountant piles beans.His job as a proffesional is to save me money.

None of that was said to be a smarta$$ or to offend the pro's on here that do there own accounting.

Just my taxable two cents worth.

Thats right get an accountant and let them answer all your questions. People pay me for my knowledge and I glady pay my accountant and lawyer for the knowledge they have and that I lack.

Ive thought about it, but for I'm only doing this during the 3 months when Im home from college. How much does an accountant cost? And would it be worth it for me personally, considering most of you make more in a month than I'll make in the year?

Where do you go about finding an accountant? And would an accountant be willing to spend all that time working with someone with no employees and a part time business?

Thanks yall

The size of your accounting bill is relevent to how much business you do.

You don't charge the same to wash a 1100sq ft house as you do for a 10,000sq ft.But they both need washing.