Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

Hot Box and GPM

The hot box wouldn't heat the water as much as one that is rated for 8 gpm. The hot box usually has a smaller coil and smaller burner. The surface cleaner would probably put the extra water into your bypass unless you have a flow actuated unloader then it would go in and out of bypass.

What would happen if you run a 8 GPM machine through a hot box thats only rated for 6 GPM?

I do this and can't see a real big difference. I turn the thermostat up a little bit more than I did with 5 gpm, but I am still not cranking it open for normal cleaning.

What would happen if you run a 8 GPM machine through a surface cleaner thats only rated for 6 GPM?

Depends on the surfacer, but if you change the nozzles to match the 8gp then you should be just fine. If it is a floater, then it may float higher than normal, requiring more force to hold it down. May cause faster swivel wear depending on the brand of the swivel.

The larger burners have more coil usually 20-50 feet for more heat transfer (surface area) and are equipped with a SDC burner assembly (12v) or SF (120v) which have a larger blower fan and fuel nozzle for more btu's. Vertical burners are said to be more efficient in the heat transfer as well. If you are not looking for a lot of heat rise you could go with a smaller burner, it would just run longer or not shut off when hooked up to a higher volume unit.

Thank you for that information another question this may be more personal would it be better to buy it off the internet or try to find local person to get it from I am not trying to be cheap but see that they are alot cheaper online then from the dealers.

For a valuable piece of equipment like that I would usually suggest to buy it from your local dealer. But since you can get a much better deal via the internet these days I would go that route and if there is a problem down the road then have your local dealer service it.