Sign in to follow this  
PRESSURE PACKED

Suv Or Truck

I think that a truck is more versatile for this type of business. However, I also can have my truck and a family car, or two. So that would make a difference. I do always wonder about commitment level to the industry with an SUV. Are they are fly by night or not

My preference is a truck. The wife has a Chevy Tahoe and I pulled a trailer behind it on a couple of occasions, what I didn't like was the sway it had, the wheelbase is too short and if you don't have sway bars it will sway. Also it has 6 ply tires instead of 10 plys like my truck which doesn't help. The suspension is too soft also to my liking to tow. My truck is a F350 crew cab long box with a diesel, now this is made for pulling.

If you want to pull a trailer get longest wheelbase you can. If you want an SUV, maybe a Suburban would be better, but honestly, with a truck at least you have the box to put extra stuff. You will also need good sway bars in back of an SUV, you don't want that thing to start going sideways, been there, done that, and it ain't pretty, at least gets your heart pumping at a good pace...lol

It all comes down to preference. My choice - PICKUP.

Dan