Sign in to follow this  
Richard

copper flashing

Question

Ok.I'm tired of the search function.I'm sure it has been posted,I just can't find it.

If you want to spray the love on a roof,that has copper capping and troughs,what will the sodium hypochloride do to the copper.???????????????????

4 answers to this question

Unless the copper is already aged and corroded from the weather, it won't affect it much. If it is brand new copper, bleach will make a noticeable change.

If the customer has a fit from the slight discoloration, they can be polished out with Brass-O or some type of acid. Phosphoric or sulfuric acid. Don't use Muratic, it's too harsh.

Do a test spot! I have been too complacent in the past about the affects of chemicals, make sure you know what to expect before taking on this job.

Hey Mike

Thanks for the reply.This is a 100 year old church.I'll try and have an employee post a picture.The flashing and troughs are all weathered green.I certainly agree with the test area.I was not sure at all as to what the bleech will do.I'm doing all my research first.Never been in this boat before.My intension is actually to do the job for nothing other than the exposure that I know I can get by doing a press release to all the news papers and tv stations.This church is on a main street,would look great on the web site and draw a lot of possative media attension.

So to clarify,the copper is a capping along the entire ridge line,3 dormer style windows on each side,and trough all the way along.The church is Approx 150ft in length.