Sign in to follow this  
kenfitz

Woodrich

Question

I tired the new Woodrich out last week and I have to say I really like it. I was just wondering if it has less chance of catching fire then products with linseed oil?

Ken

4 answers to this question

KF2, I've never had any problems with it even warming up. Same goes for Wood Tux. Take a product like Cabot's Australian Timber Oil and having a rag in your hand on a 100+ degree deck and it feels like it will combust on any given moment.

KF1

We used WTW mixed with Woodrich applied by hand.....I will say that my rags and stain sponge got hot as hell at one point - hot enough to scare me. Don't know if it was because the two were mixed - we've never had the heating issue with plain Wood Tux Wet. Needless to say, at the end of the day on that job, all the rags/applicators rode home in a bucket of water!

Celeste

We used WTW mixed with Woodrich applied by hand.....I will say that my rags and stain sponge got hot as hell at one point - hot enough to scare me. Don't know if it was because the two were mixed - we've never had the heating issue with plain Wood Tux Wet. Needless to say, at the end of the day on that job, all the rags/applicators rode home in a bucket of water!

Celeste

What were your outside air temps at that point?

Beth