Sign in to follow this  
dlamontm98

What are the best window cleaning tools?

A couple of different size Squeegee's(18" 12"etc.) the clothy applicator to wipe on the window washing Liquid, a Bucket long enough to fit in the clothy Applicator so it can soak up the washing liquid. Of Course Window washing Liquid. Window wiping clothes for the squeegee and also in case you have to wipe the windows in some area's. These window wiping clothes work much better then towels because they don't leave behind lint on the windows. Also an extension pole to put the Squeegee on if the windows are to high up. I have a couple of different height poles that I carry around in my trailer.

Also make sure you have your work order or whatever it is that says your are to clean these windows. When you complete them have someone in the bank sign,date and print there name where it says the work is completed so you don't get screwed out of money owed. Preferably a bank manager signature if you can get it.

I Have a question for you. How much is a bank willing to pay for your services?? is it a once a month account or once a week??

www.windowcleaningsupplies.com

Racenstein is the best. They have always gotten my orders right, and on time.

go with a swivel handle on strip washer and squeegee. get a 12" and 18" squeegee to start. A 18" washer should be fine. Dawn dishsoap is fine to start, just a squirt in 3 gals of water. When you get to be a real WW geek, you can come back and discuss foaming characteristics, squeegee glide, etc...;)

check out also i think... www.window-cleaning-network.com

hello Am bidding on a job that has three places a total of 300 windows once in the inside and 3time on the outside for the year . what price should i charge

How many windows on each story?

they are three one story commercail buildings each one has 100 windows

The price goes up as the windows go up (1st story, 2nd story, 3rd story...)...it also depends on size of windows, diffuculty accessing them (terrain or obstacles around building).

If it is similar to a 3X5 window then charge $2-$5/window for exterior, and double it for also doing interior. That would be my 1st story price.

But like I said there are a lot of other factors. You could also argue lowering that price per window since there are so many...its like your getting a bulk order...all your windows are in one place so you dont have to travel =). All depends....

Many use products such as ammonia, vinegar, borax, alcohol or Epsom salts for cleaning glass. Home-made window cleaning solutions include club soda or a 50:50 vinegar and water solution which is particularly effective for really dirty windows.

Edited by diane21

Assuming all are easy access, single panels (not colonial cut ups) and your market I would say $4 per window inside and out. Then $2.20 per window for just the outside. Things to consider is there water stains on the glass (sprinkler hitting windows), can you get to the windows (is there a 400 pound copier in front of the window, if - so who is moving it?), are you doing the office when it is vacant (it is much harder if you have to hop around people that are working).

Good luck.

Whats up Tim

Assuming all are easy access, single panels (not colonial cut ups) and your market I would say $4 per window inside and out. Then $2.20 per window for just the outside. Things to consider is there water stains on the glass (sprinkler hitting windows), can you get to the windows (is there a 400 pound copier in front of the window, if - so who is moving it?), are you doing the office when it is vacant (it is much harder if you have to hop around people that are working).

Good luck.

they are three one story commercail buildings each one has 100 windows
The price goes up as the windows go up (1st story, 2nd story, 3rd story...)...it also depends on size of windows, diffuculty accessing them (terrain or obstacles around building).

If it is similar to a 3X5 window then charge $2-$5/window for exterior, and double it for also doing interior. That would be my 1st story price.

But like I said there are a lot of other factors. You could also argue lowering that price per window since there are so many...its like your getting a bulk order...all your windows are in one place so you dont have to travel =). All depends....

Many use products such as ammonia, vinegar, borax, alcohol or Epsom salts for cleaning glass. Home-made window cleaning solutions include club soda or a 50:50 vinegar and water solution which is particularly effective for really dirty windows.

You need to get your signature up to par.

Name

Company

Contact Info