Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

More Troops

Question

Do you think we should send more troops or not to Iraq and why?

I dont really think we should, because I dont really think it will help in the overall picture over there. If it helps the troops that are there I say yes send them

If more troops are sent say 25,000 what will it accomplish? They are just trying to contain bagdad, but Iraq is a lot bigger than just Bagdad, so even if they can help stop the sectarian violence, which I dont think they can. What about the rest of the country

Iraq is in a cival war and we cant really do anything about it, it also isnt our role as a nation to be in there now during another countries cival war, even thou we did help create it

Look at the video & audio of Saddams hanging, they were taunting him and talking about Al sada, one of the radical clerics. They knew the whole world would be watching this execution and they couldnt even put a proper execution together. It looked more like a lynch mob

I feel more troops will accomplish nothing and we should get the majority of troops out of harms way. We will always have troops in the region, but they shouldnt be in the middle of it any longer

I bring this up because President Bush is to be announcing his plan for the futuure and I'd like to hear what everybodys thoughts were before his plan is public

2 answers to this question

Congress will have to agree to it...let's see how "anti-war" this new bunch really is. Personally, I'd like to see a more well-formed strategy as opposed to dumping more money and troops onto this situation. It's like public schools...they've been failing out children for years now and the constant cry is "we need more money." Come up with a plan--a solid plan--and if it warrants more troops, then fine. But don't just throw more resources at the situation and hope it works itself out.

Congress will have to agree to it...let's see how "anti-war" this new bunch really is. Personally, I'd like to see a more well-formed strategy as opposed to dumping more money and troops onto this situation. It's like public schools...they've been failing out children for years now and the constant cry is "we need more money." Come up with a plan--a solid plan--and if it warrants more troops, then fine. But don't just throw more resources at the situation and hope it works itself out.

I agree !! A solid plan would be great