Sign in to follow this  
racechaser

respirator pics

We had a discussion about respirators in the roof cleaning forum. I had volunteered to post some pics of different respirators that I use. So the following will cover 3M full-face,3M half face,and Scott full-face.I will also post pics of pre filters as Chris at Apple says he uses them. I tried to take pics that would help someone compare the different styles in order to help them choose a respirator that both fits well and is comfortable.

Scott

This respirator is the esaiest to don and adjust. The view is somewhat less than the 3M full face. These also seal better but don't vent as well.Which means they fog up more than the 3M. They do make very effective anti-fog solutions to preventg this though.

This is very comfortable to me because the mesh netting that goes over your head to secure it won't pull on your hair like the rubber straps.

post-1087-137772172343_thumb.jpg

post-1087-137772172346_thumb.jpg

post-1087-137772172348_thumb.jpg

This one is also comfortable to wear even though it has the tradional rubber straps. It has noticeably more perephial vision while wearing it. Plus the faceshield is so wide you don't feel as closed in as the Scott.

post-1087-13777217235_thumb.jpg

post-1087-137772172353_thumb.jpg

post-1087-137772172355_thumb.jpg

This one is also comfortable to wear even though it has the tradional rubber straps. It has noticeably more perephial vision while wearing it. Plus the faceshield is so wide you don't feel as closed in as the Scott.

This is the one I had.It is does a great job,but I simply could not stand it in the heat.I would find myself taking it off and dropping it on the ground especially when up on a roof in 98 degree weather.

This is your typical lower price respirator. The only difference is the 3M quality of the cartridges. The respirator does not seal as well on me. The rear straps are pretty chinky to me. They are hard to strap together and adjust.

post-1087-137772172356_thumb.jpg

post-1087-137772172359_thumb.jpg

May not be the best pics but the one on the left is the view through the 3M. The pic on the right is the Scott. You can see how cramped it is in the view. But when wearing it, it is not as bad as it looks.

post-1087-13777217236_thumb.jpg

post-1087-137772172362_thumb.jpg

These are the prefilters that Chris spoke of. The first is 3M and the second is Scott.

On the Moldex respirators we have, the pre filter snaps right on over the cartridge.

Not that Moldex is better then 3M or Scott, it is just what we wound up with.

I think all respirators must pass Govt regulations for effectiveness, but don't know that for a fact.