Sign in to follow this  
Camelot

My 8 year old son asked me...

Question

My 8 year old son sees me perusing this board every day and knows what a fan I am of The Grime Scene. He, like his dad, also happens to be a HUGE hockey fan...so he asked me to post the following:

"Is anyone on The Grime Scene a NY Rangers fan like us?"

Thanks everyone.

- John

7 answers to this question

I have been since Herbie Brooks brought half of the "Miracle" Olympic team to the Garden to play with reijo Routsaleinen and Ron Dugay, and Robbie Ftorek.

I remember seeing Nicky Fotiu throwing pucks to the cheapest seats in the house after every game, because that is where he had to sit as a kid.

I cried like a baby when "Captain Courageous" delivered on his word, and ended the longest Stanley Cup drought in history.

I haven't really been able to watch much hockey since the turn of the century, but my heart is still with my beloved Rangers!:lgbounces

Say "Hi," to your son, and tell him I think he must be a pretty cool kid!:lgwave:

Scott - Great memories...I actually HAVE one of those Fotiu pucks! I, too, was one of the kids in the cheap seats...heck, I still sit in the cheap seats...LOL. Ken, Mike...sorry for you, really...j/k...You all made his day by responding, thank you.

how cool. i managed to get 6 tix to a wings game and after not being able to give them away i took my two boys and the oldests friend and his dad, needless to say every day my 2yr old is taking the remote and looking for a hockey game, guess it's time for skating lessons.....

But I was a whine-tit and quit soon after. lol I love hockey, but was never a good team member as a kid.

I have to say, there are a lot of great things to say about a lot of teams out there, I just love hockey. I was a Bruins fan as a little kid. My dad was a North Dakota high school referee and a NCAA Division I referee when I was a kid.

He mostly was a player fan, Bobby Orr, Gordy Howe, Guy LaFleur, Bobby Hull. I loved them all, and never missed a game I could catch until I was in college.

I still miss the Petey Puck cartoons between periods! lol

I can think of no sport that requires more athleticism, more power, grace speed, endurance, and skill, than hockey. Then add the fact that you must learn to play with anger, while still being physically ready to battle at any given moment, if somebody else loses control, just an awesome sport.

Your boy is a good one!

P.S. Oh cram it, Fenner!;)