Sign in to follow this  
Curb Appeal

cleaning up the neighborhood

Question

Here's a couple of houses I did this weekend. The first one is my girlfriend's house. The second is her neighbor's house.

I think this method of showing before and after pictures can be very powerful. I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate it into my advertising somehow...

Anyone have any other ideas for background music?

just click on the link...

Sky Album--Nevada Ave

12 answers to this question

Good stuff Joel. I think you are a bit ahead of the curve by using one of these 'storage' sites. Fellow in Calif. is doing good things with video. These sites allow you to load your site quickly and maintain your sales process without distraction. Only if the prospect wants 'proof' or additional information will he or she need the service of a large site.

I would think the best and easiest way to use this 'proof' is via a link from your site.

Great job and great slide show as well.

When you clean the roof then cut those 2 over grown bushes in front of that baby and you would have done a major curbside appeal upgrade and the mould would not grow back as quickly. Did you wax it - it looks like it has a nice sheen to it?

What do those guys charge for the slideshow?

Thanks for sharing.

Rob

Yea, their roof needed cleaning but they didn't want to have it done.

I was thinking that I could put some of these slideshows on a laptop, or better yet, a tablet PC and let the customer (residential or business) watch them while I was taking measurements for an estimate. Then I would come back in with my digital pictures of their house or building that look like the befores and tell them how I can transform it into the after.

Rob,

I used simple cherry from Pressuretek which has some kind of wax in it, I believe. Or, at least, a rinse aid.

The slideshow was created with a program called Flash Slide Show Maker.

Tutorials---ANVSOFT Flash Slide Show Maker is a Flash album creator to make animated photo slide shows with SWF file as the output format.

The program is free and the site that you upload to is also free. That program also allows you to email the slideshow or burn it to a cd or dvd to be played in a dvd player. I'l be playing with it more and see where this goes...

I was thinking that I could put some of these slideshows on a laptop, or better yet, a tablet PC and let the customer (residential or business) watch them while I was taking measurements for an estimate. Then I would come back in with my digital pictures of their house or building that look like the befores and tell them how I can transform it into the after.

That wouldn't be a good idea. It would be an excellent idea! My customers like looking at my portfolio but how much more exciting and professional would it be to have them watching a slide show on a laptop! Joel, you rock, bud. am going to implemet this immediately (and include the idea in my marketing/sales presentaion in St Louis) Thank you.

Wow!!! That's awesome!!!! I've seen "slideshows" on other guys' sites, but nothing like this!

Now, imagine putting that on a mini-cd for people to play in their computers or DVD player and sending it out with mailers...That'd be great if you're doing major wood restoration or other large jobs with a rather small target market.

My friend who does highrise inspections and repair has a cool video CD he send out with his marketing materials that works well.

I love the idea!!!!