Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Barrett-Jackson Auction

Question

Is there anybody else watching the auction?

How bout a 1970 CUDA with 100 miles selling for $500,000 huh?? :eek:

I want the worlds last 67 Stingray Coupe 427/435 HP!!

Can someone loan me a few 100 K?

15 answers to this question

Im sorry those prices where Stupid! The hummer I somewhat understand with the charity thing. But the two concept for a mill a piece. And of coarse my favorite 1966 ac shelby cobra original 427 super charged for 5 million. Come on lets keep things realistic. And Reggie Jacksons 69 ZL-1 Camaro for 850k.

Yes i agree the prices were wayyy out there but i bet you Barrett&Jackson were happy seeing how much $$ they gonna get from their fees.That was nice of him to wave his fees on the hummer.

Did you see the 07 mustang"70K in think" #1 off the line and they get the option to buy #2 also.

Supply and demand.

Shane is that 'vette not the perfect car? Way ahead of its time.

Ohh yeah it's always been my dream car if i had $130 -$200K was the going price on ProTeam - Buy & Sell - 1953-2003 Classic Corvettes For Sale

I would like to know how much $$ Barrett-Jackson made off their fees!

I'm assuming that's a hemi with the shaker hood. Mean ride.

Oh yeahhh Hemi's were in demand yesterday I also saw a RoadRunner that sold for a pretty penny!

Barrett gets 10 % over the top bid.

They do not really pay any substantial rentals for Westworld, which is their venue. They are very profitable.

I grew up around the corner from Russ Jackson, before he was incredibly wealthy, and retired. He started with a carwash and collected old '50's era cadillacs. He also had a detuned indy car that he used to drive around the block. It was really cool to a ten year old. Probably be cool to a 46 year old, too.

The funny thing is the front of his house always seemed to be a mess. Landscaping in disarray, and overgrown.

Just an interesting sidelight, now, back to your regular thread...

We used to go to the Barrett Jackson Auto auction when I was younger through my dads work, purley as spectators of course. Lots of fun and awesome cars!!!

Those people pay those prices because they..can. It's just like the ones who buy paintings for millions..because they can. Is it worth it?? I guess if you have a ton of money to burn then it probably is. The problem would be a guy like me who if I had all that money to buy those cars I'd drive them which would bring down there value considerably.

That 67 vette is a beaut!! The 63-67 I think it was that had that style shape I always thought was the best vette by far. The 63 vette with the split rear window was a good collector car. If I had the dough I would buy a 63-67 vette but it would have to be a convertible.

Another beautiful car from those days is the Shelby Cobra Roadsters. They could have been had back new back then for about $5000 which was expensive but today if you had an original it would be worth hundred of thousands..Even the roadster kit cars are expensive and there nice to. Here's a picture of one http://images.webkrafters.com/trinity/27800/65cobra27812-4.jpg

my old roomate in college, his grandfather started that auction, cant remember if it was barret or jackson. i saw pics of his house and cars. this was like 13 years ago. before they went on speed channel.