Sign in to follow this  
RSuds

New to forum-Loving it

Question

I have been doing P.W. since 1990 and have been thru a lot. I love this forum, I was told about it just 3 weeks ago and I think that I will learn a lot from it. I have been thru a lot and think I can help as well.

I would like to find some info on extension poles that are not heavy. We do a lot of Management jobs that have 2-3-4-5 stories and holding them up all day is not fun. I know about the belts, but would like something that is lighter. I'm 6'-4" and 240 so I'm not a whimp but when I got that new pole last year it was not fun doing just a house.

I also se that a lot of people use downstreaming and the E-jet. Why not put the chemical thru the pump aand spray it on with pressure with any nozzle. We have tanks in our trucks with 2 machines and we have a valve that goes on after the hose inlet that we turn on and off to get Chemical. I know that after a 2-6 months I need to change my seals but it is so much faster and easier. You may have to put a flow restrictor on the hose but you have a tank it is the way to go.

Thanks to everyone for sharing info, I know I still have a lot more to learn.

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds

4 answers to this question

Hey Brian, welcome. Since the pump is an expensive component to replace I think most guys err on the side of caution not putting corrosives through it. Another advnantage of using a downstreamer is to be able to stop chemical flow by merely changing nozzles as opposed to being at the machine. An advantage over both is the X-jet. You can get 40% chemical onto what you are spraying.

For an extension wand do some research on the Coress Wand. It is light and it is stable. Its pricey but well worth the investment.

Looking forward to your input on your trials and tribulations of your 26 years of washing.

Thanks for the info on the wands I will try to find them. You must not be to far from us. Let me know if anything goes on around here.

I only need to replace seals and we do beet the hell out of our machines so if I get 2 years I'm happy. I will get a x-jet and try it but carrying a bucket of soap around sound like a lot of work.

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds