Sign in to follow this  
John T

Belonging to Multiple Orgs

Question

As most of you know my term as the PWNA treasurer is about to expire. It was a fun and an interesting experience being a board member there. Soon I plan on joining some other org's that some of you may heard of and some might not have such as NYSPA - New York State Parking Association

I'm starting to think that adding more org's to my companies resume is a positive step. I notice that some companies here advertise that they belong to multiple org's. Do you see added benefits in doing so instead of staying with one org?? Do you ever find that you are getting jobs because of your relationship with these orgs??

I can only speak of my PWNA experience and the few jobs I got from being affiliated with them made it all worth it. So what about you guys/Gals that belong to multiple orgs such as WRAPI,*****,IWCA etc. did you find that belonging to more then one org. beneficial to your company. As for the NYSPA - New York State Parking Association since I'm going to target that market there very high on my list.

2 answers to this question

Well, we belong to different orgs for different reasons.

The Power Washers of North America. PWNA - it's a pressure washing org

BBB BBB - this is probably our most important org we belong to - everyone knows this org and recognizes the logo. More people tell us face to face that our membership in BBB is important o them than any other logo we are affiliated with

WRAPI - Wood Restoration and Preservation Institute WRAPI - wood org - makes sense for us

***** - Contractors On The Move ***** - another great mobile cleaning org - its not just PWing

Time for coffee...

Beth:cup: