Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Shop Leasing

Question

My double car garage is almost unwalkable because of equipment, 3 trailers sitting outside my house and two trucks, I NEED A SHOP! I have two young sons as well and I hate the thought of one of them getting into the chems one day. What are you guys paying for your shops? Are they storage units or are they shops/wharehouses with power and water? They are developing behind my house now and its only a matter of time before someone throws the nieghborhood covenants in my face so I want to move my stuff before it goes that far. Thanks.

11 answers to this question

I just got a 1000 sq ft warehouse for $500 a month electric I have to pay water free. The roll up door is nice and high with just over 10' wide.. Its plenty tall some of the units have 1/2 a 2nd floor and I might do that also. We are building shelves , hanger and a little work bench this week

Thats a pretty good price for around here. average is $.70-$.85 a sq ft. That why I grabbed this space. Few are lower and many are higher priced.

I like mine I just cleared out 2 storage units and my house garage. I too was worried about my kids as they grow and want to play everywhere

I found one 4000sq ft one with front and back roll up doors brand new $2800 , wish I coould afford that it was nice & big

Good luck finding something!!!

Jeff

Here are a few pics of our office warehouse that our comapny developed 5 year or 6 yrs ago.The offices are 16x20 w/bathroom and small kitchen area.The warehouse is approx.2000 sqft w/large roll up door...800/month

post-658-137772173284_thumb.jpg

post-658-13777217329_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772173295_thumb.jpg

Shane, great looking place and a good price as well. I've been looking off and on for the past month or so. The best deal I've ran across so far is 1800 sq. ft. with 3 roll up doors, bathroom, free water and power =$600 a month. Great price but not the best part of town and we only do about 10% of our business in this area. I want to find something closer to the house where the majority of my resi. work is at, but I'm back up to .60 to .75 sq.ft. pricing. Location, Location Location. I've always ran the business from my house but with employees parking out front and equipment everywhere it's time to go. Like I said earlier the chems around the house are a big fear of mine, with two boys(7yr. & 3yr.old) they are bound to get into it one day unless I move it first.

Wesley--

Yeah, Shane's is pretty sweet. Stick with you gut--don't get too far from your home, even if it does save $$. Not only will the gas eat you, but you'll find reasons to talk yourself out of driving 15 minutes.....and you'll end up not taking full advantage of your office/shop. This theory comes from my personal experience with such---it's hard to talk yourself into driving 10 miles on a Sat. afternoon to do some paperwork, whereas if it was around the corner, you'd be more apt to utilize it.

This is my neighbors office with a cool mural of his deer lease in W.Tx.He had some friends paint his office for some refferal work.If he ever moves out i'm moving in here! :D It's nice to have a glass and mirror shop next door too! :cool:

hismith1ht8.jpg

hismith3cn8.jpg

hismith2rd1.jpg

Amazing!! The only thing better then that would be to have an Ocean front office...Unless a tidal wave happens to be coming in(Homer Simpson-Doh)

Amazing!! The only thing better then that would be to have an Ocean front office...Unless a tidal wave happens to be coming in(Homer Simpson-Doh)

In our case we could watch the hurricanes blow in from Galveston! :D

I watched them paint this wall it took forever with all this detail! They added the different animals over a few weeks.

Those pics are sweet man...I'd love to have something like that.

Wes...check with your city dept and see if they have some kinda grants or anything like that. They may help cover something. My city has a program called an "Enterprise Zone" If your business is located in this area, they give HUGE tax breaks and other little benefits. It's a program to promote city growth...

just a thought....it may help get that "nicer" place that you may not be able to afford any other way..