Sign in to follow this  
Kory

What method do you use for cleaning Cages?

Question

What method do you use for cleaning Pool Cages? I down stream "Love" with dawn in it. I am thinking of going to a Shurflo method to get a stronger mix so I do not have to rinse and repeat.

10 answers to this question

For me it's hard to beat downstreaming pool cages as the 20% injectors are giving me aound 2% of s.h. hitting the surface, which is strong enough for me and to keep up on the plants (as far as rinsing) in and around the pool area. I have used the x-jet when I was starting out, and it was quicker, but, I was using 3-4% s.h. at the surface and have found this much to be overkill. I feel it's better to reapply, then re-rinse the surrounding area again, then do a final rinse of the cage. Also 3-4% in the cage will require the use of a mask...even at 2% it can be a little strong in the summer with no breeze!

For me it's hard to beat downstreaming pool cages as the 20% injectors are giving me aound 2% of s.h. hitting the surface, which is strong enough for me and to keep up on the plants (as far as rinsing) in and around the pool area. I have used the x-jet when I was starting out, and it was quicker, but, I was using 3-4% s.h. at the surface and have found this much to be overkill. I feel it's better to reapply, then re-rinse the surrounding area again, then do a final rinse of the cage. Also 3-4% in the cage will require the use of a mask...even at 2% it can be a little strong in the summer with no breeze!

Ditto all that. I downstream, and usually have no need for a 2nd application. You just have to let it dwell for a bit.

I did have one that was so bad I used the shurflo and my roof mix (3-4% SH) to get it clean, but that isn't typical.

I was just trying to see if I could cut time down so I can get my price the same as some of these lowballers. I good sized cage the other day was quoted at 150 the lady said it only took previous guy a half hour to do. I would have been there a min of 2 hours so I quoted 275 including deck and base wall(raised inground).

I was just trying to see if I could cut time down so I can get my price the same as some of these lowballers. I good sized cage the other day was quoted at 150 the lady said it only took previous guy a half hour to do. I would have been there a min of 2 hours so I quoted 275 including deck and base wall(raised inground).

He could have just shot the chems and left. $150 not bad for 30 minutes work! Don't see how he could do a large cage in that amount of time, with rinsing properly. See if the customer is comparing Apples to Oranges.