Sign in to follow this  
wesley

Shop or Home

Do you have a shop or do you run completely from your home?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a shop or do you run completely from your home?

• Home Based
    • Shop Location

Question

How do you guys run your business?

1- Do you run it from your house?

2- Do you run it from a shop/warehouse?

This thread goes with a previous thread I started, with the lack of responses I'm guessing most guys run from the house.

P.S. Can someone make this a poll?

35 answers to this question

TonyS---

Great place!! Gotta ask....where did you get those van/trailers, or whatever you call them?? Did you have to custom-build those?? I've never seen a vehicle like that---please give a little info on them, thanks jf

Hey Tony---

Your last three sets of pics have all been the same----maybe you aren't able to see it on your screen. Are those vans custom, or did you buy them like that???

Help, Beth I had a problem posting those pictures I did not see all of the post if there is extra pictures of the same thing. Sorry!

We bought the two small white box trucks one in 2004 and one in 2005. Wife would not let me buy them both at the same time. They are not a custom box truck. The smaller of the two has a low profile roof to fit in my shed which is a 8' door. The taller one is nicer to operate out of with the extra heigth. The trucks are on 3500 chassies and the Boxes are made in Elkhart Indiana at the Supreme Corporation. I went back to Supreme after I bought the bigger Box Truck and had them cut inn side doors that flip up for better ventalation, not srue if you can see the doors in the pictures.

We use the grey f350 for our staining supply van, and there is one f150 cargo van that is not in the photo which is another wash Van.

Let me know if you need more information on the box trucks and I will be able to provide you with great contacts.

Those Box Truck style are mainly use and bought by Fed Express.

Ahh, I thought they were van chassis.....either way, I'm not that far from where you are in IL and if you have some contact info (especially for significantly used boxtrucks like this) that would be great! PM if you'd like, thanks Tony

Thanks Tony--

..not going to stl RT, but would still be interested in your source for these vehicles----feel free to PM me if you feel this would be considered advertising for some reason, Thanks for the help, JF

Jon,

I don't think it is a big deal is just a salesmen name and number who we bought from. Ours were both new, but they may know of some used units. These Van's/Trucks are also used with the carpet cleaning guys too, so they may have leads that way also.

My life got turned upside down tonight as we were hosting a Birthday Party for our four year old. The bigger kids like our middle daughter six where down stairs playing and she broke her wrist as they were playing.

She fell against the couch and tried catching herself at the same time.

As I stood and watch the whole thing take place. I knew right away it was looking wrong and took her to ER right away. She is good now until we go to see the Doctor on Monday 12th to decide the final fix.

I wish it was me with a broken arm or just cut mind off instead of seeing her in pain. I wish all the Pain onto myself!

Anyway it may be a day or two before I post with the information, because I have that file in my up town office.

I'm going to the Deck Expo in Vegas with my lead employee and my wife is coming just for a quick two day trip just to get away and meet some collegues. We were thinking of taking Emily our six year old, just for some alone time with Mom on this trip and now it will be a must for her to go if Doctor says it's OK.

I'm currently home based. I have a room dedicated to my office. Sometimes it spreads to the living room. It doesn't make my wife very happy thgough. All equipment stays on my truck. I would like to get more property so I can build a nice pole barn for everything.