Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

I'm a believer!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm with John T that we do a lot of houses and I found that if you have a tank or get a flow restrictor and put the chemicals thru the pump it is so much faster and better to leave everything in the truck. I know that after 3-6 months I need to change the seals in my pump but it save so much time, and I can put the house wash chemical on with pressure to get up high with a zero tip. We put a valve at the hose input and just turn it on and off.

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds

Brian,

I think John T was on a different page. He uses an X-Jet to apply his chemicals.

Downstreaming has absolute advantages over the upstream methos you currently use. The most obvious of course is not running chemicals through a pump. With even a flow as low as 4 gpm you can still get 35 feet of spray with an 0025 tip. Another plus is you don't have to go back to the truck to turn off chemical. Simply change tips to create more pressure and eliminate the venturi at the downstreamer.

1 gallon of housewash concentrate (my own), 3.5 gallons of 12%, and a quart of truck wash in a five gallon bucket does most houses. The house below, done strictly downstreaming.

post-581-137772173414_thumb.jpg

post-581-137772173418_thumb.jpg

Here is another. Yes, I could ramp up the mix and get done just a little quicker and risk burning plant life and etching windows. I find it more cumbersome and time wasting to run around rinsing everything in sight from windows to plants than to apply more diluted chems to two sides and reach perfect dwell by the time you go back to rinse. Here is another example, strictly downstream.

post-581-13777217342_thumb.jpg

post-581-137772173425_thumb.jpg

Brian,

I think John T was on a different page. He uses an X-Jet to apply his chemicals.

Downstreaming has absolute advantages over the upstream methos you currently use. The most obvious of course is not running chemicals through a pump. With even a flow as low as 4 gpm you can still get 35 feet of spray with an 0025 tip. Another plus is you don't have to go back to the truck to turn off chemical. Simply change tips to create more pressure and eliminate the venturi at the downstreamer.

1 gallon of housewash concentrate (my own), 3.5 gallons of 12%, and a quart of truck wash in a five gallon bucket does most houses. The house below, done strictly downstreaming.

Hey Ken,

That house in the pic, is that a house you bought to flip?

BTW, why a quart of truck wash?

We do not use the chem that strong that we need to worry about plants or windows, we use around the same as you are saying. I do want to get a new downstreamer and try it. I do want to find out how you can get a 25 tip to shoot 35 feet high. I'm willing to find out what is going to work best. I guess you can also run it with 250 ft of house?

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds

Hey Don, its a flip, but not mine. The area is too expensive and is cooling off. I would be tentative. This house will go for $850,000 but the guy got a good price on it so even if he quick sells at $799,000 he'll still see a profit.

The quart of truck wash in this case was for dwell. It also has some nice rinse aids and a wax in it. I get pails for $50 so using a quart adds about $2.50 to really nasty jobs. Most of the time I can use about 8 oz. Makes the windows sparkle nicely.

Brian, I am talking about X-Jetting, like John T mentioned he uses for added strength of mix and speed.

You wanna see height? On my 5.6 gpm machine, I get 45-50 feet. The X-Jet at 35 feet is this fine mist that goes all over the place, especially on a breezy day.

Sorry, meant 250 ft of hose. How do you get 45-50 feet? I can get about the same with extension poles and 0 tip. If I can get that with downstreaming then I will try it. Windy days are tuff.

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds

I wanna believe too!

Never thought I'd get a strong enough mix hitting the house through my 5.6. Anyone care to offer a suggestion on a good injector for this amount of flow?

I use a General, stainless, rated slightly lower then the machines output. On the bigger rig, its rated 3-5 gpm (I think).

Dan, no brushing, just the right housewash mix. Entire job took about 4 hours because of working around the excavation and mud and the temps were around 50 degrees. The gutters were brushed though, they were pretty shot. I subbed out the roof cleaning.

The house in the second pic was a bit smaller and took about three hours with removing rust around foundation and washing 800 s/f of flatwork. Both of these houses could have been done in one day. Total for these two jobs came out to a little over $1300.

I turn the valve on for soap and turn it off for no soap. Use any nozzle I want and can do houses with the right mixture with no problem. Only need to scrub stain areas and gutters. May need to replace seals 2 times a year but can do houses faster and that saves on man hours.

Brian Wendling

Rolling suds

Brian, thats a lot of walking back and forth to the trailer, listen to Ken,and try downstreaming, you won't go back. Yes I love the M-5 for rinsing, because it has an adjustable spray pattern, so you can rinse the entire house with one nozzle. Brian you can get the 25' reach using a 25degree tip, but you have to go a lot larger in orifice size to get that, and that is probably what Ken is talking about. That way he can use a 2540 tip and soap down most two story houses top to bottom with one tip. With those two nozzles in my arsenal, I can clean most houses.

Thanks John, I do understand what everyone is saying and I will try agian and compare as soon as the weather breaks.

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds

If you are looking for the downstreamer that sucks soap through 4-500' of hose John has decided to remake his super suds sucker that he had on the market a few years ago, keep your eyes peeled. He will be selling it in a month or two.

Hey Don, its a flip, but not mine. The area is too expensive and is cooling off. I would be tentative. This house will go for $850,000 but the guy got a good price on it so even if he quick sells at $799,000 he'll still see a profit.

The quart of truck wash in this case was for dwell. It also has some nice rinse aids and a wax in it. I get pails for $50 so using a quart adds about $2.50 to really nasty jobs. Most of the time I can use about 8 oz. Makes the windows sparkle nicely.

Ken,

What truck wash are you using?

Scott

Just to make sure I understand you Ken, do you use a dual lance to reduce pressure so the injector will pull chemicals into the pressure hose? If you reduce pressure to inject won't that reduce the distance you can shoot? OR using the 0020 tip will reduce the pressure so it draws automatically? Do you use a regular gun/lance and just change out the tips for spraying, rinsing? Can we purchase the "Secret Housewash" or is it locked in? Thanks.

OK, The more I think about it the more I am confusing myself. General Stainless downstream Injector, Housewash mix (5 gallons) in a bucket, Tips to rinse 0020, tips to spray housewash mix 0025? Regular gun or dual lance to reduce pressure? Please help my brain hurts now. Thanks.