Sign in to follow this  
Doug Dahlke

One Year Today

Question

Today my business is one year old. I did a house wash yesterday wearing my jean jacket that still carries the chlorine stains from my first job. Tried to clean the facia and soffit on a house. Used a 30' ladder on one side. Held the wand above my head and sprayed Chlorox outdoors through the downstreamer while showering in the spray.

Thanks to boards like this, the input of suppliers and phone calls from others in the biz I soon discovered the x-jet, proper cleaning chems, proper procedures, etc. Going into 07 I still have my cold water 3700 PSI 4 GPM machine but recently purchased a trailer rig with hot water and a 5 GPM rate. Received a work order for my first commercial work yesterday.

This year I am really pushing to grow my PW business. Thanks to all those willing to share their knowledge with the new guys. Looking forward to the NC Round Table and meeting some of you face to face.

4 answers to this question

Congrats Doug...!!!

Not a rookie anymore like some of us hoping to celebrate & prosper like you have done... it's just the slightest info. on your post that gives us inspiration that we don't need to refinance our house to be successful & invest as we progress. Get what you need to get "what you want to do" RIGHT....

I have a pullover with bleach stains (from a vinyl wash too) that reminds me of the fun I had gettin' rid of that green stuff. Great to hear you're "moving up the ladder" by standing on the ground.

keep posting your conquests & updates..

drush

Congratulations Doug!!!

I will be opening my business in the spring and I hope to do as well as you apparently have done. It's nice to hear success stories here. It really motivates me to make it happen for myself and my family.

Congratulations again, and best wishes for your continued success!!