Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

A Restore A Deck Superbowl Commercial

Question

Hey Ken, I got your commercial for next years Superbowl.

Have Joe Blow telling Tony Soprano giving him a estimate to do his deck.

Tony: Are you (bleep) kidding me? Get out of here.

As the contractor leaves Paulie Walnuts walks onto the deck.

Paulie: Hey T, we just knocked off a whole truckload of this. (Close Up of Restore a Deck jar).

Tony: Let me see it.

Then goes to a shot of Tony and Paulie at Bada Bing. Tony gets a call.

Tony: Yeah

Christoper and some strippers back at the house. The deck looks great. Christopher holding a can of restore a deck, looking at while talking to Tony.

Christopher: Hey T, you know that thing. I put some "stripper" on your decks, turned out fricking great.

Tony: Yeah

Christoperher: Fuggitaboutit. It's done

Tony to camera: Restore a Deck. So easy I can do it.

As you can tell I've got too much time on my hands. :)

7 answers to this question

LOL ! You're hired.

Here is the commercial storyboard I currently have ready for production.

Que guy on his deck using one of the "other" cleaners. The sun is shining, the birds are singing.. perfect day for some DIY stuff. He attempts to start spraying his cheap deck cleaner onto his deck when the sprayer clogs.. In typical three stooges fashion, he looks at the end of the end of the wand and gets a faceful of mist. He runs from the deck screaming.

::FADE OUT::

::FADE IN::

The sun is shining again, the birds are in their glory and the camera angle is still on the deck but pans to a cute little girl stainding at the sliding glass doors lloking for Daddy. Cue the daddy who now has on goggles, a breather mask, PVC gloves up to his elbows and wader boots. Now its the little girls who runs off screaming.

::Fade Out:; Fade In::

Scene 3 is a repeat only this time the father and daughter are using landscape friendly Restore-A-Deck. They are all smiles and verything is right in the world ;-)

Ahh, just made the mistake of a "quick reply"....can't do smileys

So sorry the $4 generic from wal mart doesn't quite work as well as the $97 name brand...

Don, I like the idea...just don't think Ken can afford a super bowl ad...Yes he's very successful but...that kind of money? somebody's getting it in the end.