Sign in to follow this  
Guest Danebob

Yellow page: Success or failure?

Question

Guest Danebob

I have an add in the yellow pages coming out in april. I want to here from those who have placed an add how successful the add has been for you. If possible how manny jobs do you get from the add a month that your aware of?

Thanks for your help.

57 answers to this question

I started running in the yellow pages last year first issue came out in June really never got a call. So I called the rep and said cancel that was in August, she said the ad was not out long just see what happens, we will talk later in the year. About end of August early Sept. started getting calls and Iam getting some now ( Too cold ). Iam curious to see what it is going to do in the spring since that really is when pressure washing takes off. So I recommend try it for the first year and see what happens. I do alot of bulk mailing they do real good for me. I had a full color postcard made up and order a mailing list, but you have to get bulk mailing permit ( cost less for each postcard about $.24 cents each vs. $.39)

If you open the Yellow Pages in my area you'll find 50+ pressure washers, and 10 of them have credit card sized ads. I thought about putting up for a dollar bill or even a half page thinkin' that maybe the biggest ad will catch the eye. It's such a gamble because there could be commercial work like a $10,000 parking garage job, or just penny pinchers. Last year I spent 10K on advertising this year I'm doing "smart" advertising.

i agree on the 1st year deal. you can usually get a special as they want you to get a taste how effective it can be. i'm getting two ads for the price of one. now, next year it will cost me double and i'm going to have to weigh the options. the local paper and inserts are a good source of advertisement but also not a bargain.

rando

Guest Danebob

thats exactly what I got too. The two for the price of one. I got it in the window cleaning section and PW. We'll see