Sign in to follow this  
Camelot

I went door knocking today...

Question

With things being slow, I decided to be more proactive today. I picked a local neighborhood with short driveways and lots of vinyl and started knocking on doors. I walked one block for 30 minutes and got 2 jobs! It's not easy facing so much rejection, but if you have the stomach for it, it's a great way to get your company name and face out there, get some exercise, and maybe make a little money. I picked a neighborhood that I plan to target with post cards when the weather gets nicer. This way, they'll have a little name recognition in the spring. I plan to set aside 1-2 hours a day and do some walking in different neighborhoods. Just thought I'd share for those of you fighting those winter doldrums...

1 answer to this question

I hear you. I have landed lots of jobs doing that with backpack full of fliers.

WHATEVER WORKS MAN. IT IS ALL GOOD.

Get some business card holders and distribute them to the places that you spend money at and get some of that money back. It all works to some degree. You saw my ad.... FREE HOUSEWASH w/2 referrals!!! I'm hoping it knocks my socks off. Who knows until you do a bunch of everything. Try it all.