Sign in to follow this  
FullBlast

Comet pumps??

Does anybody else run Comet pumps??

I have 7-Comet/p 7gpm/3600psi and wish I didn't have any of them!!!!!!

I have had an awful amount of trouble with the oil seals on them things, can't figure out what the deal is with them.

I have 2 pumps that have 500 hrs and have had 4 sets of seals and it still just running out the bottom!!!:(

Just found out must commercial pumps have a brass sleave that does not get scoured up when you bust a connecting rod and Comet does not have it.

I think that is "it" with me and Comet.

Good pumps but have to own a oil field to keep the lube in them.

In the last 2 year I have put around a total of 13,000 hrs on Comet pumps.

If you are having trouble now is the time to jump on Comet's hide, We just gave them a real run around this past week, The Dealer/Machanic that works on my washer was just down to GA last week for a Meeting with them and he let them have it, He said that he had the big guys out asking ?? and calling him later.

Maybe they will get their stuff together.

Anybody else have trouble with Comet seals??

I'm thinking of going with General, any input??

Just wish I didn't have these that I have to wear out first, thankfully the said they will replace 2 of them, I'm trying to get them just to give money for replacement, but that is probley a joke..

I just bought a COMET Pump 6gpm @ 2000psi I hope I get better luck out of it than you did.

I know lots of folks that run generals and have no problems. Good luck

I just bought a 8 gpm unit with a Comet pump on it. I'm not worried because I bought it from Paul @ Envirospec North. If I do have a problem, I know I'll get good service. I hope that I have a good experiance with this pump though. I'm gonna be way too busy to be broke down this deck season.

I think General is the best all around choice. Parts are affordable and the pumps are very reliable. I have gotten very good service out of Cat pumps also, but not any better than General, and the General is easier and a lot cheaper to rebuild.