Sign in to follow this  
Cannon

More Chem questions

Question

6 answers to this question

Neither are chemicals, but rather types of chemicals. Not sure what you're meaning when you say "thickener", unless you mean a foamer type chemical to cause your wash mix to "stick" better?

there are many types of Emulsifiers available from many suppliers. Beth may sell one, and if so, you can be assured it is a quality product. Another I've heard about but never used is Emulsifier Plus from envirospec.

As far as how to apply chemicals, what types to use for what, etc, I'd spend a couple nights reading this board. Do a search for various terms. There is a wealth of information here about chemicals, applications, etc.

I read on some thread from Beth and Rod that they used a thickener in the application of their stripper. I think it made the spray thicken so it would stick better and not evaporate so quickly. I read someone else talking about an emulsifier in their House wash.

I have a chemical company called Hawkins in the Twin Cities here... I'll talk to my Hawkins rep about thickeners and emulsifiers....

What are you trying to emulsify?

An emulsifier is used to hold together things that normally would not mix.

www.EnviroSpec.com carries a house wash detergent that is called "Emulsifier Plus" which is a chlorine friendly house detergent with gloss enhancer.

Thanks for the help!

Now how do you mix them? I assume that you can't store a solution with a thickening agent in it. Is it safe to mix it right before you apply?

How long does it take to thicken? I am concerned about gumming up my sprayer.

Jeff I would suggest you ask a few of those questions from the person or company you buy the product from.

Not all products follow the same directions, some chemicals are best when mixed with warm water just before using, others need to be mixed with time to be absorbed.

Beth or Rod can answer them, go to:

http://www.seedirtrun.com/