Sign in to follow this  
D_Tagr

Deposit on maintenance contracts?

I have some questions about maintenance contracts for everybody.

First off I only do graff removals. When I bid(commercial or city) for a maintenance contract, I am bidding on a patrol schedule to remove graff ASAP.

Is there a service equivalent for gum removal or parking lots, or any service you do that requires maintenance contracts?

My questions are:

Do you ask for a deposit when the contract is signed? If so how much?

I have been asking for 25%.

Will you negotiate with the client as to the amount?Or is it fixed?

I have been fixed and unwilling to negotiate the amount. Which seems to surprise some potential clients.

I'm very curious about your answers.

Thanks in advance.

D tagr,

On a 1 time job of $ magnitude(1,000.00 or over),I require a one third deposit.On a maintenence contract,I only require one month's deposit to cover additional supplies,etc.That's just me.If i were hiring ,I would not pay for work undone,unproven,for an extended run.I would allow the customer to see what they are getting.I believe this gives you ,and them an opportunity to decide if this will be profitiable for you both,without trapping either of you in case of unsatisfactory result on either side.

Does this make any sense to you? Let me know what you think.Sorry about spelling.

I do not require any deposit at all. I do a large variety of clients, and I do not htink that any of them would pay a deposit. If I was on a patrol schedule for graffiti removal, I would have a monthly charge and then a cost per sq. foot of tagging removed, you could also do a cost per stop.

Thanks for the replies.

I charge a straight monthly fee for graff removal based on mileage for patrolling, sq ft. of surface to be patrolled. Then I take my estimate of maximum graff frequency and what I need chemical or paintwise to take care of it and roll it all into a monthly fee.

I was told point blank this morning after I started this thread that I wasn't going to get a deposit on any contracts with this client. But every other client to this point doesn't mind.

I appreciate what your saying Scott, and I've tried that with no success. That was my first inclination.

Anyway I appreciate the responses. Enjoy the weekend.