Sign in to follow this  
itswillist

New Door Hanger Idea.. Good or Bad ?

Question

I was thinking about what moves the typical person, what catches thier attention ? I figured they were not much different than I am so inorder to better draw them to action (call my number) I should make their decision making process very easy for them. I don't think people like to think to hard when they come home from work (and see a door hanger) probably just look at it and chunk it.. But what if that door hanger had a price on it already to wash their particular house (of-course you could "up-sell" driveway, patio, etc etc. after they called) but I believe a simple door hanger with a blank on it where you could write in an estimated figure would go much further than (joe blows pressure washing service, yea.. just one of your 20 choices in this area .. but call us anyway) Of-course you would get more calls if you gave them a good price and they saw you took the time to estimate their particular house... I've never done this, just wondering if any of you had ??? Do you guys think this would be better than a simple door hanger ???

6 answers to this question

Its been discussed before by some. The only way you will know is to try it I guess. Keep in mind, people will be basing their decision on price only.. a slippery slope. Also keep in mind that people don't know what the service costs most of the time, so you thinking $195 is a bargain price they will jump at is flawed thinking.

Depends on your marketing approach. If its about price then your idea might work. However you lose the opportunity to discuss your professionalism, methods and benefits to doing the work in order to make the sale. Keep in mind that unless you are walking around the back of their property (bad idea) you might miss something that could add a lot to your cost

Yeah, the 10% approach didn't work to well on my last hanger. People always call and the first thing they ask is "How Much" ? So in my neck of the woods (louisiana) people want good work but they want a good deal as well. And I have to be honest, I'm someway new to this field ... So I can't say "Yeah I've been doing this for 20 years" I would have had to start when I was 4 years old ... This will be my first full season to be in business, so I have to get into it somehow.. I am insured and have hot water, and surface cleaner which should help me out as well... I'm not going to low ball by anymeans, but just give them a good job at a fair price so I can lock in some repeat clients ...

I say try it. i like the idea. If you know what you want to charge then put it on the hanger. That way they either want you or dont and now you just saved a wasted trip for an estimate, if you would of been to high to begin with

It might take away from your upsell

I would suggest you keep a record of the address, price & something about the property. When they call you'll sound like you know their property.

We use to do that with a lawn care company I owned. It worked well in certain areas & zip in others.

Good Luck