Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

How do you like your Turkey?

Do you fry, roast, or smoke your Thanksgiving turkey?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fry, roast, or smoke your Thanksgiving turkey?

• Fry it! Don't knock it till you try it!
    • You kidding? We roast it!
    • Smoke it! Love that smokey flavor!

Question

It's that time of year again folks. It's turkey time. Over the past few years we have seen a number of stores begin to offer turkey fryers. Our family has been frying turkey for a long time. I was wondering who else has made the switch from oven roasting to deep frying?

Never heard of it? As I understand it, it began as a Cajun tradition in Louisianna. (according to Dad) Turkeys are fried in peanut oil. In many cases they are infused with a marianade, although it is not required. I can tell you I have found first hand the flavor is better and the bird is juicier, and since you fry them at a high temp, they are not the slightest bit greasy...

Fry or roast? Don't forget to VOTE.... Enjoy!

Beth;)

89 answers to this question

I love leftover turkey sandwiches!!!

Beth

Ditto on that one...

I had to sneak some to into the fridge ahead of time...we tend not to have any leftover....Lots of stuffing left, Tonya made 2 kinds.

Not that brand. My mom got one last year and liked it so much she got me one for Christmas last year. Sadly I cannot say I've used it personally but my mom uses hers and likes it. She fried one inside and one in the crawfish pot for Thanksgiving.

Scott

Actually Beth it may be that brand just different. I THINK this is the one I have.

http://www.turkey-fryers-online.com/masterbuilt/setftv_turkey_fryer_kits.htm

I'm at work or I'd look. I wanted to use mine this year but my wife bought a turkey the size of a raptor and it wouldn't fit. Maybe Christmas at home or we may fry one at work in a couple of weeks using it.

Scott

We bake ours but frying them is good as well.The best part of turkey time is left overs.You know making turkey dumplings or bbq turkey hemm ect......

Marko p.s. I cant wait for thanks giving.

Turkey sushi is the best- thin slices of raw, chilled breast meat rolled with Nori and sprinkled with uni. Some like it with gobo, but I prefer it without.

Don't skimp on the wasabi.