Sign in to follow this  
JustMe

Pressuretek skids

Does anyone have any input on these units? trustworthy, well build, bad news?

Their prices are great on their 5+ GPM 3000psi hot unit super skids.

Or if you know of a comparable machine for the money, got my eye on aaladin right now but still shopping around for a good deal with quality equipment..

Thanks in advace, this board ROCKs!

Well it sound like he has good stuff at good prices but my only concern is warranty work and such, I am pretty mechanicaly inclined but what happens if something breaks and I have to get something warrantied? I am concerned about being down for a while and honestly will not have a ton of operating capitol at first to stock a bunch of extra parts.. :2eyes:

Most washers carry warranties from the component manufacturers, i.e. engine, pump, burner manufacturers warrant their component. Minor warranty work is between you and the distributor.

Guest rfitz

Ron,

If you dont want customer support go with everyone else, if customer support, tech support, honesty, trustworthyness etc.. is what you want

then only go with Bob at pressuretek.com, if you dont it will be a huge loss,

I have been down your road, and I wish I knew Bob when I was in your shoes..

Not trying to step on anyone's toes but, the above info is incorrect. Honda warranty threads have been on the various BB's before. Not all Honda dealers will do the small engine work. In my area I have two honda dealerships within 30 minutes of me and neither do the work. There is a small engine person 20 minutes away that performs their warranty work. The last time I checked the next two closest were out of state. When I contacted Honda previously they recommended I get it fixed and submit the receipt for reimbursement, if I were to use someone else. I would say the best way would be to call Honda first and ask them exactly who in your area does warranty work. I personally like Honda engines but, I have had to have repairs done while the motor was still under warranty, twice. It may be fine in some areas but I did speak to an area manager in Philadelphia, who was responsible for my area, it certainly wasn't the case here.

Guest rfitz

Everette you are right,

That is why Bob at pressuretek is the best in the biz, if he cant walk you through the repair, he will pay for the work if you dont have a warranty dealer in your area, if you buy through him, or have him build you a custom unit, that is also why I bought insurance, I realized the way my biz is going

I couldnt afford to be down a couple of days, so, I bought a nice but inexpensive back up unit that will get me through until I had to have repairs done, or you could even rent a unit until your main unit was back up running,

you should always try to have a back up plan, just in case... This is just my opinion, life will always throw you curves, you just have to be ready and adjust your swing accordingly...

let me add one thing about HONDA.

They dont trust ANY service shop.

If your motor break's under warrentee, you must ship the engine to the honda plant. They will inspect it. IF they think they are at fault then you will get it fixed.

By the way this take's about 3 week's, at best.

If your brigg's break's and the service dept deem's it to be the fault of mfg. they replace the engine within a day or two.

HONDA is tuff to deal with.

If you found a co that has insurance and loaner equipment. Then by all mean's stick with him.

Ypu may want to call your local Honda dealers and inquire to them how a warranty claim would be handled. If it is not to your satisfaction, ask Bob to manufacture your washer with the engine that you want.

Guest rfitz

The Reason, I had my custom unit built with Honda 24 HP is because everyone I know that has one, has never had any trouble with theirs, and alot of people only change their oil 1 time a year, Hell, I know one guy who has had his 5 years and never changed his oil...?

well you guys have been most helpful, at least I am narrowing down my decision, thanks much.. I still have to call Bob as he was working up some pricing for me as well. I was suppose to call about 4 days ago but have been crazy busy with other things. :)

P.S. Rob, I have a few more questions for you too :) Will shoot you an email if you don't mind?

Problem with Honda is that they are still riding on their reputation of small engines from several years ago. They do not build them the same and they fail sooner.

They are so picky on warranty repair as they think that their engines do not need any repairs and that the user must have done something wrong.

I am happy with the results of my Honda 20 Hp after a year and a half, but will be going with a Kohler or Diesel in the next phase.

That makes me wonder cuz I noticed that the big boy's seem to be installing a lot of kohlers.. Not a briggs fan but I would like an honest opinion about kohler -vs - Honda..