Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Soot

Question

I had a PM call on a personal matter. She just bought a house and on the inside of the house they have a fireplace. There is soot on the brick in the house, not in the fireplace but near where the mantle would be. I've used Gutter Shock on soot before but that might be a bit of a mess

Anybody know of a way & product that will remove this soot from the brick INSIDE the house. Something they can do themselves or if I have to i could do it. Just looking not create a big mess

Thanks

Jeff

3 answers to this question

If they could rent a vapor steam cleaner (Best) ? Or go to a stone supply store and pik up some some cleaner for the problem. I use Prosoco. Put it in some hand sprayer , apply, have brushes handi, keep wet. Rinse with another hand sprayer. Tape off area's with plastic and use plenti of towels. TSP works also

If they could rent a vapor steam cleaner (Best) ? Or go to a stone supply store and pik up some some cleaner for the problem. I use Prosoco. Put it in some hand sprayer , apply, have brushes handi, keep wet. Rinse with another hand sprayer. Tape off area's with plastic and use plenti of towels. TSP works also

think TSP will work, Jim? I'd like something they can use, DIY

Thanks I'll pass it on