Sign in to follow this  
Lenny Schrec

Cambrea wood

Question

Does anyone have any experiance with Cambrea wood. It is a south aamerican wood. It has CWF on it now and most of it is gone. I need to stripp and reseal or stain. Most likely just seal it. I know to use low pressure but what about treatment and should I use sod. hydroxide to clean?

3 answers to this question

Lenny,

I have done my share fare on Cambara wood. Cambara is for those who don't want to upgrade to the Ipe. Where as Ipe does not the stain, Cambara needs the stain just like PTP.

Please tell me the results you are looking for & I can better answer your question.

How long has the Cabots been down. What is you maintenance cycle? How long do want the finish to last? etc.

Attached is a before & after pic of a Cambara deck.

I believe it had CWF flood on it for a couple of years. It is mostly worn off except around the edges. The customer would like it to look naturel. This is the first time I have been to this customer and we would like it to last a couple of years.

Cambara is a hard wood, you won't get a long lasting finish. Set the expectation for annual maintenance.

Use HD-80 (or similar) to remove the CWF, then neutralize as normal. We would use Wood Tux to seal it, but it seems to me TWP would also be a nice choice for this job.

Beth