Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

Univar Problem!!

Hey I know many of you use Univar, I just had the most unpleasant experience with them. I called to ask for pricing on SHC 12.5 in 55s, Borax in 50lb, and TSP in 50lb.

The woman is going on and on about how many pages of info she has to go through to find it, and can I fax to her what I want (which is 12.5 shc in 55 gal drum, Borax in 50lb bag, and TSP in 50lb bag). I need to fax that to her? That's crazy!

Then she's telling me the last 55 of 12.5 they (all of Univar) sold was in January in Grand Rapids. A. I don't care and B. I don't believe her.

What have your experiences been? Mine so far is telling me to steer clear!

JD

That must be an isolated problem or person. I have never had bad service or any problems with Univar whatsoever. I would call another branch and complain and let them know what is going on and how it is marring their image and hurting their sales. If I had that company I would really appreciate it if someone let me know about a problem like that so I could deal with it immediately and send out letters of apology to all customers in that area and ask for their opinion and if they had problems and make it right! Someone like that will hurt business and their reputation.

You did not upset here did you? Just kidding. It sounds like she is not only Incompetent but Lazy and needs a Serious Attitude Adjustment. If you have the time to go up the ladder I would. It might benefit you unless they are trying to close their doors for good with lousy service.

Last week I called and asked them about D-Limonene. They said they carried it, but only in 55 gallon drums, and that they hadn't any in stock. She also asked me to fax her some info to set an account up.

Needless to say, three days later I have moved not an inch in the direction she requested, but I was in the neighborhood of the warehouse, so I stopped in.

1. She is VERY cute, as are all the ladies in her office. (I'm happily married, but it was a nice surprise)

2. She was happy to help me immediately in setting up my account.

3. My drum of D-Limonene was in stock, and subsequently loaded. (Even though I hadn't been in touch for three days, and she had anticipated a week lead requirement)

4. They worked as expected and more. They've won my custom from here on. Service sells!