Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Custom Unit W/Reels

Guest rfitz

Ok, Here is the all aluminum, custom unit with hose reels on top, the cord you see next to one of the hose reels is plugged into the dash, that is for the hot box, or sureflow, or whatever you need to plug in... the battery is 1000 amp

the pump is 8GPM, engine is 24HP Honda, there is nothing on this frame that can even think about rusting, if it isnt aluminum, its stainless, I ghosted the BKGD so the unit would show up better, this is how the unit will look facing out the back of my van, it is approx 44 " tall, 48" long, 24" wide/deep This is built by my good friend Bob at www.pressuretek.com, if you havent had a chance to talk with him yet, you should, he is the best in the biz....

Rob,

Before you mount that skid in your van, install an oil drain hose kit, because the drain plug for the Honda is on the side, which will be hard to get at when it's in the van.

It is a nice looking setup, but maybe a little overkill, because actually, the rig is going to be out of the weather, and won't rust anyway. But if it puts you in a comfort zone, that's what matters.

I've got several machines that are old and in and out of the weather and they never rust. I attribute that to the powder coat paint used, which is super durable.

Guest rfitz

Thanks Tony,

Probably overkill, but I want to be safe rather than sorry, I use alot of bleach as well, and you know how things can spring a leak, from time to time, and chlorine can eat thru anything, also, while I am talking about chlorine, would you know if it is true, that D-limonene will kill mold, mildew etc.. almost as good as chlorine,? I saw that on a board in the past, but Ive never used D-limonene, so I wouldnt know, also, with this new set up, I wont have to mix chlorine with anything again, I will have seperate tanks, 1 for bleach, and 1 for my soap, and I will have metering valves that premix the 2 as it is coming thru my lines, I am also having a sureflow set-up for my decks, ext. wood etc..

mounted in the van 3 tanks,. 1 for britener, 1 for stripper, one for percarbs,

also it will be a battery system, and when I need to charge it, I can just plug into the receptacle on my PW dash, while it is running to recharge my battery

I think this whole set up will make me about 5 times faster, and alot less wasteful with my chems, therefore dropping my cost's to my customer, in return getting alot more work... I guess we will see..? it is amazing how busy this biz is in the warmer months, and then boom, it just dies comes winter..

If you install a oil drain kit [which no one sell's] on ANY HONDA engine you will VOID THE WARRENTEE.

It is a metric thread and no one sell's a oil drain kit for this reason.

Ask any dealer, dont just trust me.

Nice rig. Too bad you could'nt install a second fuel tank under your van and not of had the tank IN your van. No gas can's would have been nice. Easy to hook-up. Just a fuel pump. Return line and some wireing. Keep it hooked up to the key switch.

Mount the reel's to the roof of the van[inside] and have a lot more floor space.

If i lived where it did'nt freeze. I would mount my reel's under my truck.

Anyone run a PTO driven pump here?

Hydrolic type?

Anything other then a pony motor?

Seem's dumb to have a second engine on a stationary unit.

Run off the truck engine would be nice and quite. Good for night work. Have a diesel rig and run the burner tank off the truck also.

Oh well, just day dreaming again.

Guest rfitz

Robert, Yes this is a hot water unit, the burner which is a click unit, is a vertical burner and will be in the front corner of the van behind the drivers seat, so it will be out of the way, that is why this is a custom unit...

Ron,

Your information is not accurate. Honda does indeed make a oil drain plug valve kit, part # 15558-ZJ1-010AH. See attached photo.

However, it is a 90 degree fitting, and the engine must be lifted up to install it.

Honda also makes a remote oil filter kit, which is also handy to make maintenance easier.

Rob,

I've never use D-Limonene so I can't say for sure it will kill mold, but my gut feeling is that it will not.

Also, when you mount that vertical burner, make certain you allow plenty of clearance around it to prevent a fire.

Myself, I don't think I'd like having all that equipment mounted in a van because there are just too many fumes. I know my trailer gets stinky enough as it is after it's been closed a couple days, especially after refueling. No matter how much you try, a few dribbles of fuel always seem to evade the fuel tanks. That is why you should NEVER refuel a hot rig.

im going to show this pic to my mechanic,thank's.

I still like the clear hose on my brigg's because i never have to use the dipstick to check the oil. I can see the level every time i start it.

BE,

The drain pictured above fits Honda 20 & 24 HP. It does not fit the smaller engines such as 11 or 13 HP.

I am not using that particular drain valve, because it requires the engine and pump to be unbolted and lifted in order to install the valve, which retails for about $29. Normally you would think it no big deal to loosen an engine and pump, but it becomes quite a task when the rig is installed inside an enclosed trailer, with minimal side access.

The one I use is similar to the pic below, which is probably not Honda approved, but is easy to install and less expensive.

If anybody is interested where to order these accessories, feel free to email me.

apluspowerwashing@comcast.net

Rob

Saw your unit at Bob's the other day......beautiful. Wish I was closer to you so i could see that thing perform. Bob already said he was going to put an oil drain system in for you....you wont have any problems. I guess the hour meter flashes when its time to change the oil. I think the only thing it cant do is make a cup of coffee for you. And I agree with you....Bob is the best in the business. You should check out his surface cleaner..the Bad Boy.

It beats them all hands down and its a nice piece of equipment to have. By the way....hope that portable you got from Bob is treating you well.....I took very good care of it and it doesnt have many hours on it at all. If you are ever in Cleveland I'll show you the custom work Bob did on my diesel unit.......Its a real eye catcher now

Andy

Guest rfitz

Hi Andy,

Bob speaks highly of you, and yes that is a great unit I got from you thru Bob, runs awesome, when it first arrived I didnt think it would give me as much juice as my Delco unit, but man it has power for a small unit.

And I can tell Bob is a perfectionest at his trade, and the best sales support guy in the PW biz, he will help you out with anything, and explain everything in detail, so you know what and what not to buy, Bob has also mentioned I should email you directly, he said you have a great thriving business, and said I could learn alot from a guy like you..

I am so looking forward to using this machine, it will be my best Xmas ever,

he is coming down Dec. 26th with it..

Take Care, and Hope all goes well

D-Limonene.... Tony is correct. ;)

Rod says it is on the acidic end of the scale (wrong end of the pH scale) and will not kill mold. Bleach is towards the caustic end with a pH greater than 9.8, and therefore will kill mold.

D-Limonene is an additive for detergent and boosts its cleaning power. One of its strengths is to help remove oxidation from aluminum siding. If left to dry on glass it can etch it, so be careful.

Beth (for Rod)

Hope this helps.

Hey Rob...

Thanks for the nice words......Be sure to take some pics of that new rig in your truck. From what I hear your new system will be ready for anything you run into. Great idea with the surflow pump set up. Glad the portable unit is working well for you. It does pack quite a kick. The diesel I told you about was a unit that was actually given to me by a guy out here going out of the business. He tried to sell it for about a year but it was in pretty sad shape....filthy..and not working right....didnt even have a decent muffler. I'll have to try to get Mike from extreme to take some pics of it so i can post them so you can see what it looks like now. I told him I really didnt like the idea of a diesel smoking up the inside of my truck. He came up with this trick exhaust where its pumped directly to the burner exhaust. One guy that I wash trucks for saw it and is now giving Bob his repair business on his pressure washer......he was that impressed . Let us all know how the new unit works out. Like a new corvette for Christmas..

Andy

Hey Mike....

ha ha ha......We'll see when we get together and I show you how to do it. Just so everybody knows...Mike is my buddy.....he's from Phily and we've been working real hard with him here to teach him some of the important things in life.....like its called a pop not a soda.....all kidding aside....a real good guy. (make the check payable to cash mike)

Andy