Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Deck Over Water

Question

18 answers to this question

A few more pics of completion.

cleaned with zero degree tip and dual turbo nozzle at 4500 psi using muratic acid and lithium hypochlorite to strip. Applied stain with xjet wide open.

I simply pushed all of the overspray into the lake. Hey... no one was looking. Rolled all the tarp up with bricks and sank them to he bottom of the lake as well. I kept all the fish that floated up and saved a bundle on lunch for me and my helper. Poured the left over stain out into the customers yard for fertilizer. Any comments? Just kidding guys , I did it all the eco and bio friendly way.

post-1033-137772176852_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772176863_thumb.jpg

A few more pics of completion.

cleaned with zero degree tip and dual turbo nozzle at 4500 psi using muratic acid and lithium hypochlorite to strip. Applied stain with xjet wide open.

I simply pushed all of the overspray into the lake. Hey... no one was looking. Rolled all the tarp up with bricks and sank them to he bottom of the lake as well. I kept all the fish that floated up and saved a bundle on lunch for me and my helper. Poured the left over stain out into the customers yard for fertilizer. Any comments? Just kidding guys , I did it all the eco and bio friendly way.

I taught you well Grasshopper

If it were my deck job, I would have gotten the money up front and skip town. Why go to all the trouble of wrapping tarps up and messing with a zero tip at 4500 psi ?????? lots easier to just get the money and go to the local beer joint HAHAHAHAHA just kidding deck looks great

I taught you well Grasshopper

Hardly !!!!! lol. check the riding mower thread Jeff.

This was actually restored by method of Shane with a little variation on the rinse and lift from my previous experiences.

If it were my deck job, I would have gotten the money up front and skip town. Why go to all the trouble of wrapping tarps up and messing with a zero tip at 4500 psi ?????? lots easier to just get the money and go to the local beer joint HAHAHAHAHA just kidding deck looks great

See you at the pub!!! I'll bring the darts!

So what kind of finish did you use on the deck???

I used Baker's from Shane / Wood Savers.

I mixed a 2:1 Super cedar Gold and Super Cedar Dark.

Decks on water get more uv and moisture.

...... so I was a little creative.....

Here is a couple I did a few weeks back

Saaaweeet !!!!!

I bet you didn't even get your feet wet scooping the fish out from that one!!!!!

I bet you didn't even get your feet wet scooping the fish out from that one!!!!!

Actually I didnt get any chems at all in the water.. So as far as the getting the fish to float, I used a powerful mix of c-4 plastics and earth quaking depth charges of TNT. The customer got mad and fired me.. I dunno why??.HAHAHHAA

Thx Shane. It actually could have used more because of the freakishly high winds that day. The customer really liked the effort and concern though.

...... she cooked some mean Baker's G. A. channel cat though!!!

You think you had enough plastic on the grass? :D

That had to draw more attention the job than a 4x8 yard sign.

I'm still trying to figure out if you were serious bout the zero degree tip and applying the stain with your x jet. LOL

It does look great though. Where is that near?

Scott

Thx Scott,

It's in Cypress.

I was just kidding about the rest.

Prepped it with bleach, a little hydroxide, secret soap sauce applied and lifted through xjet w/ low pressure applicator. Brightened with ox. Stained with Deckster

As usual around here I had to slip in between thunder storms and hope for the best. I was actually prepared to cover the entire deck and benches with a plastic canopy if the weather did not cooperate.

Believe me, I had a stack of stakes behind the scenes and 400 more ft of plastic if needed.

ILMXJ