Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

24 houses

Question

I dont advertise residential anymore, but still do quite a bit of old customers and referalls. Wednesday, we had a small job to finish then around 9:30 we went to do an old customers house and then we were suppose to go do a new construction and a big gutter cleaning on a house. My guys called and said 2 other people stopped them and asked them how much to do their houses and my guys wanted to know If I wanted them to do the 2 house since they were right there. I told them $220, all the houses are 1200 - 1800 sq ft one story vinyl.

I told them to do them, a few minutes later my guy called and said 4 more people wanted their houses cleaned ( pollen finally stopped) I told them I'll call them back. So I called the new constuction & gutter job and asked them if I could reschedule, told them why, not a problem.

Called the guys and said JUST KEEP ROLLING through the houses. 2 guys and its taking around 35- 40 minutes a house. the guys said a couple more people asked. Damn, I said keep working. Only one person didnt want to pay the $220

I brought the guys some dinner and drinks around 4 and they worked till 8:30 in the neighborhood and got 13 houses done!!!!! a total of 24 houses wanted to get cleaned WOW!!!!. The guys kicked ass and I gave them both another $100 each as a little bonus. The guys killed themselves but were proud to get so many done. they were ROCKING & ROLLING

24 HOUSES, never got that many in one day. Hell theres only 32 houses on the street. WHAT A DAY

Got to love this BIZ

You know I've raised all my prices and before I'd have people complain that I charge to much. These houses in this neighborhood I used to do for $120- $140. There's guys in this and other neighborhoods close buy that do these houses for $50-$75. I just said last year and now this year Im not doing them cheap anymore and have raised my prices in some cases doubled my prices. I was sick of the lowball pricing. You know its weird this year Im not getting hardly any complaints about my prices, last year I did, but not this year. a few dont want to pay but for the most part Im still landing many

Its great i think people see our rigs, they know we know what to do and they all understand everything just cost more now. Heck I might just go back to advertising for residential. Its really different, Its nice not to get beat up on my prices this year.

Life is good

Jeff

3 answers to this question