Sign in to follow this  
ACleanerImage

I Need Help....

I have a potential customer that has stamped concrete. The color has faded on their driveway. They want it repainted and with a nice shine. What would be the best product and process? How would you price this job (1000 sq. ft.) I know that they have pigmented sealer, but I heard that it does not give it a nice shine. Would I have to use the pigmented sealer and then come back over it with a coat of clear sealer for the shine?

Typically stamped concrete will have the color all the way through (i have never heard of anyother way)with the release agent on the top that adds the depth to it. You should be able to wash it with a mild soap to remove any oils and stains then re-apply the sealer to it and rejuvenate the color and gloss. I did this on my patio last year ant it turned out great. I just used a clear sealer on it and it looked like new and blended seamless ly with the areas that did not completly wear off. Check your local concrete plant or supplier and they will more than likely have the product you need. If not call and I can get you the name of the product I used.

S Williams has stain charts/products...

Spot clean..

Once over all,

Apply thinned product w/nap roller & extension

(thinned if it still shows color)

sealer over that if more gloss requested.

I'd do it for a grand-1200

r

One way to know if the color has faded, or just the original sealer, is to wet a "faded" area. If it brings back the color, re-sealing should be all you need. V-Seal has a great product for this - as Rod suggested, give them a call. Their advice will make you look like a pro.

We just finished a recoloring & sealing job....turns out the color was NOT all the way through. Quite an experience but the results are very nice :) .

First shot is what the patio looked like. The second is the finished project.

Celeste