Sign in to follow this  
yazbird8

Downstreaming Photos

Question

I am thinking of making the switch to Downstreaming. I use the X-Jet now but have been swayed by many on this board to seriously consider giving downstreaming an honest try...Barry M said that downstreaming can be done using a 5 gallon jug and that a huge tank is not neccasary...He tells me that Jarrod uses it for stripping decks, besides using it for house washing...My question is..Can you guys show me what downstreaming looks like with some photos "in action"....And maybe some photos of what a basic downstreaming system looks like....I am the type that learns better from photos and hands on stuff, as opposed to words....Afterall, a pictue is worth a thousand words..right !!!....Thanks guys

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

34 answers to this question

Hi Nate, I run a 5.5gpm 3500psi machine.

I use a 0030 for applying chem, and usually rinsing as well, for areas 25' - 40'.

I use a 0540 for applying to areas 15'-25'

I use a 1540 for all areas 15' to ground level.

hope this helps.

So you can pull chem with either of those tips? You must have a shut off valve on your chem line? Sorry about all the questions.

So you can pull chem with either of those tips? You must have a shut off valve on your chem line? Sorry about all the questions.

Yes, I can pull chem with all three of those tips with 250' plus of hose. I do use a ball valve on my chem line draw hose. Most of the time I rinse houses with no more than about 400psi. I also sometimes use my remote valve system, so I can turn the ball valve from a 100 plus feet away saving on all the walking back and forth. Mostly though, I just walk and turn it by hand because I haven't gotten around to refining the motor/ball valve design yet.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/tools-equipment-basic-maintenance/6652-remote-valve-shut-off-downstreaming.html

Yes, I can pull chem with all three of those tips with 250' plus of hose. I do use a ball valve on my chem line draw hose. Most of the time I rinse houses with no more than about 400psi. I also sometimes use my remote valve system, so I can turn the ball valve from a 100 plus feet away saving on all the walking back and forth. Mostly though, I just walk and turn it by hand because I haven't gotten around to refining the motor/ball valve design yet.

http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/tools-equipment-basic-maintenance/6652-remote-valve-shut-off-downstreaming.html

Thanks again for the info!

Is it safe to choke down using a ball valve? Does it hurt your system in any way when your using your ball valve for low pressure rinsing?