Sign in to follow this  
detailsetc.

help with 2007 pricing

Question

I am looking for some ideas on fair pricing for deck cleaning and then staining . I am up in New England, so if it ever stops raining and gets out of the 40's I may start doing some business. Oh yeah, April snow doesnt help either. Thanks

1 answer to this question

Take your time to complete a deck on each step (wash/seal) into consideration.

Determine your sqft/hr work rate and how much you will be getting paid per hour to do it. Figure in the costs of all the supplies that are depletable; plastic, tape, tarps, brushes/pads, cleaning chemicals, sealers, etc.

Now add in the rate per hour you are going to be paid to travel...X 2 into it. Yeah, that fuel and labor isn't free now is it?

Compile all that together and get a total job cost price.

Add in over head at 5-7% if you are just starting out and then a profit % (10-25%)

Take all that and divide by the sqft to get a per/sqft price. This should translate into a sliding scale as you apply it to larger decks where the price drops by a let's say a nickel or ten cents/sqft. (wash/seal/total respectively)

As your company grows, this scale will change to fit your growing business costs and help to keep you in line with the other companies who already have a formula and help to keep the market stable and profitable for all.

Rod!~

I pulled this from a similar thread with another asking the same question.

Hope it helps.

Rod!~