Sign in to follow this  
itswillist

simple x-jet question.

Question

Good morning, I was wondering if any of you guys know just how far (in feet) I can extend the chemical hose from my x-jet nozzle to my chem. batch before it begins affecting the suction ???? The longer the better, but not at the price of a sucky aplication ... Thanks again. - Me

9 answers to this question

Sounds like you want to leave the chem drum on the trailer, right?

start with a 50' and see how it affects the draw.The longer the hose the longer the wait time for the draw to kick in. i have never used more than a 50' so someone may chime in who has. Personally I like the 20' attached to the chem cart. I have had no probs with the shorter hose and rolling with the cart. It helps that I don't have the weight of the wand to slow me down. Just the trigger and the cart and a fast pace.

ILMXJ

The long tube should work just fine..It's real cheap at Home Depot Or Lowes. Buy a long piece of tube and see what happens...If there is a problem with draw, cut some off and save it...The X-Jet is just fine for your needs......

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Anytime I want I can downstream (or can I).. The x-jet is just another tool to have. I want to see if I like the aplication better out of the x-jet I hear it's close to 1:1 coming out the nozle... my downstreamer gives me problems right now anyway ... I bought my unit used and can't seem where to match up my "suction ball" and the o-ring that sits inside... thus it sticks all the time making my "draw" very sucky if any ... .... ... making my jobs take longer than they should ...

- the x-jet will be fine ;-)

Sounds like you want to leave the chem drum on the trailer, right?

start with a 50' and see how it affects the draw.The longer the hose the longer the wait time for the draw to kick in. i have never used more than a 50' so someone may chime in who has. Personally I like the 20' attached to the chem cart. I have had no probs with the shorter hose and rolling with the cart. It helps that I don't have the weight of the wand to slow me down. Just the trigger and the cart and a fast pace.

ILMXJ

......like I mentioned........

i've been using my m5/x-jet lately because my downstreamer was acting up. i bought one of the high draw types from bob at p/t for about 12 bucks and installed before my housewash job today. it was such a blessing to downstream again. the x-jet is a great tool to have in certain cases but it's hard to beat the simplicity of a downstreamer.

rando