Sign in to follow this  
allstar

Pressure washing Composite deck

Question

Does anyone know how to get grease spots from a grill and sun tan lotion of this type off deck. I tried Krud kutter, simple greene, purple power and nothing worked.

7 answers to this question

I feel bad for all the people that fell for that marketing schpiel (sp). "buy this industrial looking plastic deck and you'll never have to worry about maintenance" Yeah.. other than black mold spots, tannin bleed, color shift, and scratches, its beautiful in five years.

I've also seen these composite decks turn colors from one board to the next. I've seen them with purple spots, I've seen color ranges from rose to green on the same deck. In fact I commented about it at one job I was at and the lady told me " Yea, thats what the composite is supposed to do" I think she called it "coming out". I think she was just trying to justify her purchase. This stuff is expensive and it looks really "cheesy". I inform anyone who is about to make a purchase of this stuff as to what they're potentially in for. On the other side of it though I have seen it installed under roof and it seemed to be holding its color rather well, so it must be very sensitive to the Sun. But it still looks way to cheesy for my taste, and under roof wood will hold up better also,.... and look nice. I guess I've spouted about enough on this subject.

Jeff