Sign in to follow this  
Mike W

new to downstreaming

Question

I gave downstreaming another try today and love it. I'm not carrying a 5'er any more! I applied my chems with a 0040 tip and got the same distance as my xjet! I have a question for the seasoned vets out there. When downstreaming, how do you rinse up high? Today I just pulled the hose out of my chem tank. Is there a more efficient way to do this without walking back to the rig? I was thinking some kind of remote control valve. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

9 answers to this question

I use my x jet nozzle to rinse,The M5 is great for rinsing. Straight stream for up high and wide pattern for down low.

Okay that's like the 50th time I've read someone using their xjet to rinse, I'm trying it next time. It's gotta beat changing between two different rinse nozzles.

If you like that adjust ability in the nozzles you can still down stream just use a hi-lo nozzle for your tip.

How do the hi-lo nozzles work? I know you can adjust the pattern but how do you flip between drawing soap and not drawing soap?

I use three tips barry.

Prewet with the M5 then

1. Soap tip to apply chem as far up as it will reach.

2 Use a 0400 tip for up high,eves and gutters,

3. M5 again for rinsing.

three tips are not too bad to handle. I wear cargo pants or shorts and they all fit in one pocket.

Mike if your unit is a 4gpm then a 0010 would rinse up high without drawing chems and a 4010 for rinsing low and wetting landscaping. Or you could just use the M5 like has been said.