Sign in to follow this  
sjpressurewashin

The Country Club

Question

Hey my friends,

I just gave a quote for cleaning, staining and sealing a Country Club pool apron and Patio. All together it was @ 14000sqft. I quoted .08 to clean and 3.00 to clean, stain and seal. I haven't done alot of concrete work and was wondering if that was about the the ball park price. They are thinking of using H&C stain and sealer.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

11 answers to this question

I don't do much staining or sealing, not that im opposed to it or don't want to learn, I've just stayed busy enough with cleaning concrete. So some of the other guys may be more helpful in that area. As far as cleaning the concrete, is the concrete very dirty? I would imagine that a pool around a country club would not have much gum and would be fairly clean. (I don't really consider mold or algea to be terribly hard to remove, so I don't really consider that to be the same as gum or oil stains) I would suspect regular surface dirt and mold/algea are the main concern in this case? IF so, and theres 14,000 sq ft of it, .08 would be a little high around here. I would charge a few cents less, like 0.06. Do you mean you plan on charging them 3.00 per square foot to clean/stain/seal? That's $42,000 dollars. Maybe I need to start staining and sealing.

I'm thinking on that amount of space, you're going to be on the really high side for and H&C job. I could do a custom overlay for that :) For the H&C staining on a job that size, I might be inclined to bid this one on time and materials.

Celeste

Wow 3.00 per square ft? if they r going to pay for it then great! lol @ 14,000 sq ft your going to need about 16-17 5 gallons of stain. @ just say 100.00 per 5 so your looking @ 1700.00 for stain... acids gas ect.... i dont know how much u think is good lol But i can usually clean and seal 14k in 2 days even @ .50 psf you should be making 3000+ profit. I would say your at least 2-2.50 psf to high lol

Y would you go from .08 to 3.00 lol I will assume that you meant .30 and put the decimal in the wrong spot.

Too high price for the process talked about. If it were acid staining and then acrylic top coated and then the sq. footage was small enough size to be able to command premium dollar then perhaps $1.50-$2.00.

Acid staining with epoxy top coat or solid epoxy coatings then yes you can get them higher dollars (and some) no matter the size. Then you have your concrete grinding and polishing with diamond edged machinery that can demand $4-$15 per sq. ft. depending on many factors like whether it large commercial or small residential, or only partially smoothed and then stained and top coated, etc, etc....refer to my current avitar for example of what would be a $3+ type job on interior space..

Although I'de think you might get by with 10 fivers or less with the Sherwin stuff you might want to plan a few more.

Since it is just a waterbase stain and seal all in one you could make good bank even at $.30 plus cleaning.

Sir are you saying a job of @14000sqft with H&C i should charge @$.30sqft? thanks much for your input. i have not ever done jobs that large before, just some small residential jobs and just priced the job. i haven't give the contry club a price yet because i didn't really know. didn't want to give some rediculous price. they do want me to clean it though. you info was really helpful and i justed wanted to make sure i understood it correctly.

thanks again

michael

Michael,

..meant .30, plus cleaning (your .08), plus stain cost. You actually got to charge more though since that product really wants 2 coats. And you might like to sell them on the top seal that Sherwin recommends also as apparently the Shield Plus info implies it needs sealer over it....(already has silicone in it though so probably no need)

I'de throw on 2 more cents per coat in labor however many coats you were to end up doing beyond the initial single coat of stain.

Since this is commercial and large it might be wise to realize they'll likely pass without a real competative rate. You really want them to sign on for the whole job before you clean it though...They may end up thinking that it looks swell enough after cleaning and their goes the money on the table.

Ken,

I would think it's at least 75% if not same amount of work as a deck of same size. Could be considered more work in comparision to wood work being that much of a 14k deck measurement would often be tied up in railings,or other multi faceted surfaces that don't demand as much of a walk to work on. 14k spread out flat is just plain work anyway you consider it.

He's got to powerwash it, etch it, do one to two coat stain, and perhaps a coat of sealer. It'll take him 2 to 4 days perhaps more.