Sign in to follow this  
bsblltj

Need Help on business Quote

Question

I just quoted the First pioneer farmers credit building. Its the first big job on the year. I measured it and its 12,250 sqft, at .12 cents a sqft the price would be 1470$. I was wondering how close i am. Almost all of it is 1 story. I have pics but i dont know how to post. Any ideas will help.\

Thanks TJ

3 answers to this question

Measure buildings by linear foot, not square foot. Typically the going rate is around $1 to $1.50 for 1 story, 2-2.5 (two story) etc.

It must have taken you a while to measure the square footage if it is accurate (Unless you can triangle guess with sight-of-line).

To get your linear footage you need to take your measuring wheel and find the distance all the way around the building. Do not multiply anything but add the sides. This will give you linear feet. Take this number and multiply it by your dollars per foot and you've got your money.

We generally squeegee the windows for free. Remember to rinse all of your dirt way away from the building. This means if you have concrete around the building it's gotta be rinsed off too! --up to 6 feet into the asphalt. This will give your job a completed look and doesn't take too long.

TJ, I don't bid by square ft., I do it by time. If it is mostly 1 floor that would be a high bid for me. I try to figure how long it will take from set up to drive off X 100. If you can get $1470 go for it. Can you do this in less than 8 hours? If so do you normally get $200 p/hr? Good luck I hope you get it.