Sign in to follow this  
4running

Landa with 700 PSI

Hi everyone!

Im back! I now have a new computer, and the storm mess has all been cleaned up. I am now back in the market for a hot water pressure washer, now that my old Hotsy is gone.

I had looked at one of those cheap red plastic units that they sell at Northern but several people here on the board talked me out of it.

But this is what I did find, In my local paper I found one of these for sale:http://www.advancedequip.com/VHP.pdf

It is the model with only 2.3 gallons at 700PSI. I would LOVE to have a propane machine, and think its really cool that this one has a steam setting.

I only use my washer to degrease engines and wash out engine bays, I may wash a tractor once in a while. With this be enough power? I guess I dont know what 700 PSI feels like. Would I be able to upgrade the pump later to say maybe 1200 PSI?

Thanks Guys!

Kyle

If you got only a couple bays then yea. You got sump in yer place?

What happened to your Hotsy? They sell them about 5 mi from my place..

p.s.... oh wait a second, your not a shop owner looking for a unit!.... To be more productive you better get more gpm version.. Landa makes good stuff, so does the Hotsy

And about the 700 psi... it don't feel like much which is good for what your using it on in vehicles but I still think you want more gpm for rinse factor. That is where the ability to move through hard surface jobs comes from not the pressure..

Kyle,

I feel that machine would do fine for engine cleaning. Tractor cleaning is another story, as it will take a lot of time but can be done.

Prespray engine with a quality degreaser, crank the heat and clean away. Not a lot of psi is needed for this, and with low gpm the run off will be easier to contain.

So just for me to de-grease engines, 2.3@700 is prolly not enough? I wonder what this machine is for?

Kyle

That's not what I said..I said "And about the 700 psi... it don't feel like much which is good for what your using it on in vehicles "

For engines yer fine and that would be what a steam machine is for.

When you say "bays" I assume your meaning the hard floor surfaces. So if your doing this commercially and doing some shops floors you might want to think again on gpm..

That's not what I said..I said "And about the 700 psi... it don't feel like much which is good for what your using it on in vehicles "

For engines yer fine and that would be what a steam machine is for.

When you say "bays" I assume your meaning the hard floor surfaces. So if your doing this commercially and doing some shops floors you might want to think again on gpm..

Ah!

Sorry for the misundterstanding! When I said engine bays I meant under the hood of a car.

Ok, thanks guys. Once I get this machine I post pics!

Kyle